• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Märchen Mädchen Anime Delays Last 2 Episodes Again to April or Later

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:31 am Reply with quote
JUST
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:18 am Reply with quote
I've read the hell the production staff is facing. Definitely not a laughing matter. This so... tragic. Sad
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:20 am Reply with quote
I also feel bad for the fans of the franchise. Every season, it could be your favorite thing that turns out to be the unexpected production disaster.
Mhora

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:31 am Reply with quote
This is why I usually wait for anime to finish before even watching the first ep. Just by waiting for a home release you get a much better product(better animation and translations)
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:37 am Reply with quote
Mhora wrote:
This is why I usually wait for anime to finish before even watching the first ep. Just by waiting for a home release you get a much better product(better animation and translations)

That's great if you've got the money. I prefer watching something online for a much cheaper streaming fee and then if I love it I'll buy the home release. Plus as someone who watches 50+ anime series a year buying them all is not within reason for me.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:10 am Reply with quote
I haven't heard of Studio going this wrong with single anime in a long time even Regalia didn't end up this bad.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:17 am Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
I haven't heard of Studio going this wrong with single anime in a long time even Regalia didn't end up this bad.

It is a growing sign of how the industry is suffering due to the animator shortage, a lot of anime production, short amount of staff, no one wants to work in an environment with minimal pay and long hours. So expect more of this type of stuff to come and than Boom, Crashing down much faster than when the meteorite that wiped out the dinosaurs.
Mhora

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:56 am Reply with quote
HoboSoup wrote:
Mhora wrote:

That's great if you've got the money. I prefer watching something online for a much cheaper streaming fee and then if I love it I'll buy the home release. Plus as someone who watches 50+ anime series a year buying them all is not within reason for me.

Nah, if you wait they often update the streaming releases as well. I buy almost zero shows each year.
zunderdog24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:16 am Reply with quote
If my sister, my writer can pull through; so can this!
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:21 am Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
Hoppy800 wrote:

It is a growing sign of how the industry is suffering due to the animator shortage, a lot of anime production, short amount of staff, no one wants to work in an environment with minimal pay and long hours. So expect more of this type of stuff to come and than Boom, Crashing down much faster than when the meteorite that wiped out the dinosaurs.

An anime crash would be good, but also would be devastating, as it would wipe out any hand drawn 2D animation that's left today. Japan is still not ready for all full CGI anime as anime with really bad CGI are being released as of 2019.
metalcoola

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:36 am Reply with quote
Saddest thing is that anime that supposed to be a tribute to late Tomohiro Matsu, turned out to be such trainwreck Sad
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Maybe they should just give up on this and the way it looks like it will never come out just stop getting people hopes up on watching the last 2 episodes when they say it was coming out then kicking it down the road again and again
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:25 pm Reply with quote
It's kind of funny that one year after finishing this show is still a production disaster. This is the second delay of a finale that was already delayed!
In case anyone is curious, this is one of the very very few cases where such a good chunk of the blame can be traced to one individual
https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2018/03/24/marchen-madchen-a-production-postmortem/
RogerSmith2004

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:57 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed the show a lot. The narrative of someone who is influenced by fiction and attempted to connect those aspects of fiction to their own lives and end up using it as a form of power is a narrative that greatly fascinated me, and I could feel the heart and love put into the narrative. To the point where I can't help but wonder if this story came from a feeling that the LN author felt himself. Either way, I connected to the idea greatly and Hazuki's conflict in the series touched me deeply.

That's why it's so upsetting to me that the production has been such a mess and that Hoods' management is so bad, because I know something great could've came out of the adaptation had the management been a lot better. This is the author's swan song, so it's really upsetting to me that it received such poor treatment.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Posts deleted. Report trolls. Don't feed them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2