• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story Game's Site Launches Countdown

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juno016

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:15 am Reply with quote
I'm guessing a trailer or at least some sort of announcement for the release of the anime.
Either way, I'm a bit iffy on this. Madoka Magica is my favorite anime because of how tight-knit its story is. I played Magia Record until I got back to the states with a new phone and the region lock blocked me. With the story I got through, it seemed to be more or less on par with the other spin-off titles. Like them, it tries to be shocking, but comes off a little dishonest as a story. I'm not going to let that hinder my enjoyment of the anime if they find a way to make it exciting as its own thing (I still like the spin-off titles, even if most of them felt bare or misled), but I'm just a little afraid that they'll try to pound this in as a major development for the series, or they'll try to frame it the same as the original anime/sequel and struggle to make any kind of real impact when it doesn't hold up. Madoka Magica may be my favorite anime and Shinbo had a big hand to play in that, but I've also watched anime he's directed at SHAFT that... had his style and depth, but lacked any proper structure (ie. Kagerou Daze, later parts of Nisekoi, etc.).

To be clear, I just don't want this to leave a bad taste in my mouth. It's not going to ruin my enjoyment of the original series and Rebellion if it messes up, so I'm not worried about that. I just personally believe that any Madoka anime series title should be given a lot of thought and intentional structure, which I felt Magia Record lacked. On the surface, this just feels like a "quick buck" type deal in line with other recent mobage anime adaptions. I only hope to be proven wrong, and if I am wrong, I'll gladly eat my own words.
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:14 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure it's just an announcement that "The Cooler" Homura will be added to the playable character lotto for the game, whether it's a permanent addition or just a limited-time one is what players are all wondering though. They did a similar style news hype for Sayaka's release around this time last year too.

I mean of course I'm hoping some news about the anime adaptation comes out of this too, but if it's just for game only news than I wont be too surprised.
gpanthony

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:31 pm Reply with quote
I had read earlier this week that a web browser based version of the game was coming soon too, which could be pretty cool (as long as I can use my account on both versions.) If it is perpetual angst Homura, then I wonder how much of the main story is left and if what that will mean for the Kamihama world's Homura....
omiya

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Yuki Kajiura confirmed that she was in charge of the music:

https://twitter.com/Fion0806/status/1087146382903861248

朝からお知らせでございますが、本日よりオンエアになります「マギアレコード」新CM「再会編」音楽を担当させて頂きました。メドベージェワさんとザギトワさんの夢の共演でございますよー美しいー!(≧∇≦)相変わらずお二人ともスタイル良すぎてコスプレ感ナッシング……!
Juno016

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:11 am Reply with quote
omiya wrote:

朝からお知らせでございますが、本日よりオンエアになります「マギアレコード」新CM「再会編」音楽を担当させて頂きました。メドベージェワさんとザギトワさんの夢の共演でございますよー美しいー!(≧∇≦)相変わらずお二人ともスタイル良すぎてコスプレ感ナッシング……!

That tweet doesn't mention the MagiReco anime. She says that she did the BGM for the new MagiReco ice-skating commercial, which ANN posted not long ago.
omiya

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:37 am Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
omiya wrote:

That tweet doesn't mention the MagiReco anime. She says that she did the BGM for the new MagiReco ice-skating commercial, which ANN posted not long ago.

Ah, thanks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1