• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Announces Dub for Kämpfer Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Another renewal, Another Re-dub
Inverti Herikawa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:34 pm Reply with quote
I really hope Sentai gets an actual male VA to voice as Natsuru's male half. Hell, if Sentai ends up casting the same male VA as both Natsuru and Rito (in their upcoming To Love Ru dub), I think that would be cool too. But if they don't, that's fine too. I personally think Josh Grelle could easily fit both Rito and Natsuru. Bottom line - those two guys should sound like their age. As for Natsuru's female half, it could be any female VA that's good at sounding super flustered.

I could see Luci Christian voicing as both of Akane's forms; though I wouldn't mind if Sentai got two separate VAs to voice as Akane's human form and her Kampfer form.

I shall be looking forward to the Eng castlists of both To Love Ru and Kampfer, and I REALLY hope Sentai gets both of them right. They gotta nail it. They really gotta.

Last edited by Inverti Herikawa on Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:

... ok, we'll go with that.

Tu-love-ru, yes, so very much yes.

Kampfer ....
I'm trying to think of something to say but nothing's coming. So
Kampfer .....
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm just curious how Sentai's gonna handle Natsuru being denser than osmium.
Inverti Herikawa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:

Renewal, yes. Redub, no. Kampfer never had a dub before, so this is not a redub. An example of a redub would be the Funimation One Piece dub. A redub involves redoing voicework to serve as an improvement from the previous one.

Last edited by Inverti Herikawa on Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
JohnRhogan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:

I'm wondering how Sentai's gonna handle Natsuru's gender-bending forms. Rosario to Vampire had two voices for Moka, so hopefully they'll do that.
Inverti Herikawa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:48 pm Reply with quote
#879773 wrote:
Takkun4343 wrote:

I'm wondering how Sentai's gonna handle Natsuru's gender-bending forms. Rosario to Vampire had two voices for Moka, so hopefully they'll do that.

Male VA for the male half, female VA for the female half. That's how you're supposed to cast genderbenders. I don't know why the original version screwed up so badly on casting Natsuru's male half. Pretty much every other genderbender was cast right, so I fail to see why Natsuru is an exception.

I could also see Akane's forms being voiced by two separate VAs; but if Sentai casts Luci Christian, then she could be both because if there's one thing I know Luci's got, it's a killer range.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Inverti Herikawa wrote:
I really hope Sentai gets an actual male VA to voice as Natsuru's male half. Hell, if Sentai ends up casting the same male VA as both Natsuru and Rito (in their upcoming To Love Ru dub), I think that would be cool too. But if they don't, that's fine too. I personally think Josh Grelle could easily fit both Rito and Natsuru. Bottom line - those two guys should sound like their age. As for Natsuru's female half, it could be any female VA that's good at sounding super flustered.

I could see Luci Christian voicing as both of Akane's forms; though I wouldn't mind if Sentai got two separate VAs to voice as Akane's human form and her Kampfer form.

I shall be looking forward to the Eng castlists of both To Love Ru and Kampfer, and I REALLY hope Sentai gets both of them right. They gotta nail it. They really gotta.

"Kämpfer" doesn't interest me, but I hope Josh gets cast as Rito. This is in part considering Josh is typecast in a lot of harem anime roles.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Well that's a pleasant surprise.

Mark Gosdin
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:55 pm Reply with quote
today been a costly day for me but this is good news and already ready too toss more money at sentai.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:57 pm Reply with quote
mgosdin wrote:
Well that's a pleasant surprise.

Mark Gosdin

Agreed, I'll upgrade to that blu-ray.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Inverti Herikawa wrote:
Male VA for the male half, female VA for the female half. That's how you're supposed to cast genderbenders. I don't know why the original version screwed up so badly on casting Natsuru's male half. Pretty much every other genderbender was cast right, so I fail to see why Natsuru is an exception.

I could also see Akane's forms being voiced by two separate VAs; but if Sentai casts Luci Christian, then she could be both because if there's one thing I know Luci's got, it's a killer range.
Like she did in Maid Sama, only that was a boy who dressed as a girl, but still pretty much the same. I do remember the Ranma 1/2 dub having 2 female VAs for both forms of Ranma.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Is this anime a Sins of the Sisters type deal? Confused
Key

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:
Is this anime a Sins of the Sisters type deal? Confused

Not even close. For one, Natsuru isn't reborn; he just transforms into a girl when it's battle time. Hence it's probably a lot closer to Gonna Be A Twin-Tail!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Inverti Herikawa wrote:
#879773 wrote:
Takkun4343 wrote:

a reminder that in To Love-Ru they just took the easy way out and kept the same female VAs for both Rito/Riko and Ren/Run.Who knows what Sentai will do here.
Also,I really doubt the English VAs will be credited with their real names.TLR has normal fan-service for the first seasons,but Darkness turns into borderline hentai and that's usually when the VAs want to remain anonymous.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3