• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodansha Comics, Vertical Add Bakemonogatari, Cells at Work! Code Black, Granblue Fantasy Mang

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harminia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Finally! Book 3 of Zaregoto! It Exists in English!!!
MeliodasWarrior

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Yessssss Fairy Tail 100 years quest volume one is coming this fall I cant wait to get my hands on it.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Neat! I have heard almost nothing about the Monogatari manga so I've no idea if it's good, but I'm really happy that Zaregoto is getting released this year.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Correction: Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest will debut in summer. It's Fairy Tail: Box Set 1 that comes out in fall.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:16 pm Reply with quote
I knew Kodansha would release Fairy Tail: 100 Year Quest at some point; it was just a matter of when. But what got me the most was that announcement of a hard cover version of Magic Knight Rayearth. I have both omnibus volumes from Dark Horse, but if this is a prettier (and maybe a different translation?) version, I may be tempted to double-dip... Ouch, my CLAMP loving heart.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Cells at Work: Black. Nice.
FT 100 Years Quest? Yeah they can keep that...forever.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The company will release a 25th anniversary hardcover box set of Clamp's Magic Knight Rayearth manga in the holiday season.

YESSSSS! I will gladly double dip for this!
immblueversion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:11 pm Reply with quote
MeliodasWarrior wrote:
Yessssss Fairy Tail 100 years quest volume one is coming this fall I cant wait to get my hands on it.

Summer, actually, according to the source.

Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

It's better than the last arc of Fairy Tail, to be sure. But not as consistently good as Edens Zero. A shame the fan translation by Jamini's Box makes the "friend speak" more insufferable than it actually is, though.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Definitely getting the Zaregoto and Seraph of the End novels.

On the subject of Fairy Tail, though, I just wish they'd continue releasing the Masters Editions. I liked the look of the larger format, and you just KNOW that the volume at which they stopped releasing the Master Editions and the volume at which the second box set will begin aren't going to match up at all.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:42 pm Reply with quote
immblueversion"
[quote="Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

It's better than the last arc of Fairy Tail, to be sure. But not as consistently good as Edens Zero. A shame the fan translation by Jamini's Box makes the "friend speak" more insufferable than it actually is, though.[/quote]

Anything is better than the Final arc, but that doesn't stop 100 Years from being mediocre. EZ is also not very good.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:18 pm Reply with quote
An anniversary re-release of MKR seemed inevitable after Kodansha announced their new editions of the CCS manga. MKR is one of my all time favorite CLAMP manga. I never got the Dark Horse release as I already had the Tokyopop release but I'll definitely consider double dipping for an anniversary edition.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:56 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Anything is better than the Final arc, but that doesn't stop 100 Years from being mediocre. EZ is also not very good.

Which means it's a step in the right direction. Hiro gives some solid stuff when he actually plans ahead, and I can't help but admire some of the creative ideas he has. And since he wrote a story arc about time hijinks with a workaround for paradoxes that doesn't drip with the feeling of "I wrote myself into a corner so I won't bother with the details", and made it so that one of the main characters could be either a traitor or an imposter without it feeling like another twist yanked from his butt, I can say he has my attention again.

Can't say much in that regard for 100YQ, but it's refreshing to get verification that spoiler[FT really would be dead meat against enemies like Acnologia without a whole continent's worth of power to back them up].

Last edited by immblueversion on Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:58 am Reply with quote
Happy to see FT 100 is getting licensed. Will be checking it out, as I have been on the fence as to whether I want to keep the original FT volumes in my collection or not.
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:16 am Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
But what got me the most was that announcement of a hard cover version of Magic Knight Rayearth. I have both omnibus volumes from Dark Horse, but if this is a prettier (and maybe a different translation?) version, I may be tempted to double-dip... Ouch, my CLAMP loving heart.

Already confirmed!

https://kodanshacomics.com/2019/03/11/kodansha-fall-2019-licensing-announcement

Quote:
This limited-edition hardcover box set contains the complete first arc of CLAMP’s classic Magic Knight Rayearth, with a new translation, new designs, and a color art book, all at a super-large size, with a stunning three-way lenticular print. The centerpiece of any CLAMP collection! The tale of three Tokyo teenagers who cross through a magical portal and become the champions of another world is a modern manga classic. This box set includes three volumes of manga covering the entire first series of Magic Knight Rayearth, plus the series’s super-rare full-color art book companion, all printed at a larger size than ever before, on premium paper featuring a newly-revised translation and lettering, and exquisite foil-stamped covers. A strictly limited edition, this will be gone in a flash! Box Set 1 goes on sale Holiday 2019!

I had the first of those Dark Horse volumes myself (considered getting the second but never did) and recall hearing they reused Tokyopop's previous translation for the CLAMP titles they had so it'll be interesting to see how this new one turns out but anyway, I was considering getting back to the manga so like with Cardcaptor Sakura, I'll just wait for this new release.

All that's left now is a rescue and a good-quality release of the OVA (I would LOVE to get rid of my old Manga DVD).
Animorphimagi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:27 am Reply with quote
Zaregoto and Bakemonogatari are good gets.
I just hope both series sell enough to translate the rest of each series.
I haven't gotten much indication that these are anything other than very niche titles.
I love em, but I really hope both sell over 10,000 "copies".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2