• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Final Fantasy XI Producer Says Game Has Budget For At Least 3 More Years

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shar Aznabull

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:57 pm Reply with quote
I can't believe XI is almost 20 years old
TsubomiKoneko

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:12 pm Reply with quote
I was confused and thought it had closed down in general years ago... man... I think I threw away the instruction book where I wrote down my login info.
Meexa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:14 am Reply with quote
TsubomiKoneko wrote:
I was confused and thought it had closed down in general years ago... man... I think I threw away the instruction book where I wrote down my login info.

It is ez to recover passwords now in days. Unless you forgot your username/email as well...
manapear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Glad it will continue for so long. I hope they give XI the XIV treatment. I know XIV's circumstances were very particular, but I want XI to be remade for modern consoles. Not even a major, graphical upgrade kind of remake, just something to smooth out some of the graphics, get a larger playerbase back, expand the game a little more and ensure it reaches all of the current consoles.

But heck, just an update on the other mobile game would be nice.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:35 am Reply with quote
No idea where you got this translation from. They said they're pursuing a long-term goal for the 20th anniversary, which is three years from now, not that they have the budget for three more years. This makes it seem like the budget is in contention, when the game is in fact still reasonably profitable.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/55210-Freshly-Picked-Vana-diel-44-Digest?p=614384#post614384
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:54 am Reply with quote
It'd be sweeter if the console servers were still up, but it's cool that this has been around for so long, just slowly doing it's thing and happy for the dedicated audience that it has.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1