• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toonami Premieres The Promised Neverland Anime on April 13

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Alright we finally know Megalo Box's replacement.

Oh man is this such a dope pick. Cool
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Promised Neverland is a solid pick that should play well with the Toonami audience. I'm glad the English dub is already coming out so soon. I think the dub could help improve some of the over the top elements the sub got some criticism for. I hope the Toonami broadcast will help give it more fans.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Wow! That was quick! I actually thought it'd be great if it's be on Toonami, but since it's not an action show, I didn't think it'd get picked. I'm so glad it's gonna be on there! Now I have a new anime to DVR! I wonder what the dub is gonna be like? I hope it's good! But most Aniplex shows have great English dubs, the occasional hiccup notwithstanding, so I'm sure it's in good hands.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:16 pm Reply with quote
I feel like this should be exciting news, but eh... I'm just not sure if this one's a good fit for Toonami. Its's a great show. but i think the slow buildup might turn a lot of people off.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:49 pm Reply with quote
I may check this out to see how the U.S dub is, but I do not know if I would stick around for the whole thing. I am more looking forward to this getting a home release which seems likely since it's getting dub. Otherwise I am glad this show is being picked up by Toonami. It would mean more people get the chance to experience this anime. Anime smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
kamen_otaku81

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Whoa. I didn't even EXPECT this! I'll definitely check it out!
TsubomiKoneko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Wow, really surprised by this. It's great that more people will be exposed to such an amazing anime this way.
CatSword

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:25 pm Reply with quote
I was expecting Mob season 2, but this is also a really good pick.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Haterater

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:16 pm Reply with quote
I'll give it a chance. All for Toonami showing shows outside their box.
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Never heard of it until today.
Eddy564

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:43 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
I feel like this should be exciting news, but eh... I'm just not sure if this one's a good fit for Toonami. Its's a great show. but i think the slow buildup might turn a lot of people off.

Boruto also begins quite slow, so I think TPN will do fine on Toonami. I think it’s different vibe will actually be it’s greatest strength for this lineup.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Consider me completely, and pleasantly, surprised. Mob 2 seemed like the obvious replacement for Megalobox, especially since I'm pretty sure the dub of that was supposed to be on Funimation by now.

Even though Aniplex had a pretty quick dub ready for SAO, it didn't occur to me that they would be so quick about it here since Toonami's preference for sequels is no secret. Then again, they might have been highly motivated if Toonami approached them first about airing it if it were dubbed.
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:52 pm Reply with quote
cool I've been meaning to watch this (insert response about how I could have watched it online already)
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Just saw the ending of the first season last night. Didn't think I'd like the series that much as I had been an avid fan of the manga since its initial release in Japan. I like that they added flashbacks for several of the characters that I don't recall being present in the manga. I really liked Norman's flashback and the cute hair curl thing that Emma's hair did.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:39 pm Reply with quote
^
I love that flashback Norman had as well. Anime smile It was a sweet moment between Norman and Emma as well as Elizabeth and Ray. So the flashbacks were something added to the anime. I can imagine being a nice additional touch ti the story compared to the manga.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2