• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: AsianCrush, Midnight Pulp Stream Creamy Mami TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Glad to know that someone has taking up the torch to make older anime shows available. I remember this show, never saw it but had wondered why this show was so popular.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:26 pm Reply with quote
I always wanted to watch Creamy Mami as I've never got to watch much of pre-Sailor Moon magical girl anime. The Anime Sol DVDs were the only way to watch Creamy Mami through official means and Anime Sols going under made it harder to find the sets. I'm glad to see the show being made available for streaming to finally watch this old school classic and I hope somebody like Discotek will eventually rescue license the home video rights.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:12 pm Reply with quote
AsianCrush in particular is streaming a lot of Discotek's titles in particular. Maybe this is a potential sign that they'll license Creamy Mami?
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:59 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
AsianCrush in particular is streaming a lot of Discotek's titles in particular. Maybe this is a potential sign that they'll license Creamy Mami?

Can you access AsianCrush on an android streaming device? Is there a subscription you need to sign up for?
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Was it ever confirmed which master they're using? I ask because the show got a Blu-ray release back in 2014 and was a bad upscale from digibeta sources (same one used for the Anime Sols DVDs).

FireChick wrote:

If they do, hopefully this includes the OVAs we never got here.
Blackat 33

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
FireChick wrote:

Can you access AsianCrush on an android streaming device? Is there a subscription you need to sign up for?

Asiancrush on all mobile devices and also on Roku, Apple TV, Amaozn Fire, and connected smart TV. AC is also both free with ads and has a subscription option.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Blackat 33 wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:
FireChick wrote:

Asiancrush on all mobile devices and also on Roku, Apple TV, Amaozn Fire, and connected smart TV. AC is also both free with ads and has a subscription option.

Thanks. I added it to my list.
retroshojo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:49 pm Reply with quote
I truly hope this is a sign that someone is going to license Creamy Mami. I was never able to complete my Anime SOL collection and now they're impossible to find anywhere Sad
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:38 pm Reply with quote
retroshojo wrote:
I truly hope this is a sign that someone is going to license Creamy Mami. I was never able to complete my Anime SOL collection and now they're impossible to find anywhere Sad

I may have like 50 copies I saved in an attic in my parent's farmhouse... But I suspect they are horribly weather damaged.

I'm curious if they are using our translation? Probably. Pierrot definitely had masters.

(Note: former head of Anime Sols)
Triltaison

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:12 am Reply with quote
@samuelp:

Just wanted to say thanks again for bringing Mami to us. I'm one of those lucky enough to get all 4 sets and I'm still thrilled to have gotten to see a few episodes of Emi and Yumi. Never thought any of them would see the light of day in English.
F302 Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:44 am Reply with quote
hopefully this way will paved the wave for more pre-Sailor Moon Magical Girls shows
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:00 am Reply with quote
^Also hopefully with post-Sailor Moon titles, especially with Doremi making a comeback for it's anniversary.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I would love for somebody to finally license Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne.
Blackat 33

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:44 pm Reply with quote
F302 Pilot wrote:
hopefully this way will paved the wave for more pre-Sailor Moon Magical Girls shows

For sure

(NOTE- AsianCrush team member)
retroshojo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:36 pm Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
retroshojo wrote:

I may have like 50 copies I saved in an attic in my parent's farmhouse... But I suspect they are horribly weather damaged.

I'm curious if they are using our translation? Probably. Pierrot definitely had masters.

(Note: former head of Anime Sols)

I'm truly grateful that you guys released it Smile I hope I can have the whole thing on DVD someday!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2