• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Love in Focus GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pharmboy23

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Every time I’m wondering about a new shoujo that shows up randomly on the release lists, you invariably come through in the clutch with a review. Your timing is impeccable, Rebecca Smile.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Wow, Mako is an user of Nikon FM10; not someone you'd meet everyday in this digital age. I've personally met many female users using the spoiler[somewhat overhyped and overpriced] classic FM2 but never seen an FM10 user in real life.

For some strange reason I don't know, photography-themed anime and manga featuring female leads often have the protagonist(s) using some not-so-mainstream or even rare film models, such as Rollei 35 S, Contax N1, "Otowaflex" (fictional brand based on Yashicaflex) and Otona no Kagaku "Gakkenflex" TLR, respectively; on the other hand, male leads more often use modern digital mainstream models. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the review, as this is a series I had been on the fence with. I think I'll grab this, as this intrigued me:
Quote:
His reasons are plausible and also tied up in his physical appearance in ways that we don't often see attributed to male characters

Also, it being 3 volumes (unless MAL is wrong) doesn't hurt either. I've also been planning on picking up Nogiri's That Wolf Boy is Mine, and I may get that one before I plunge into Love in Focus.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1