• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Devilman Crybaby's Masaaki Yuasa Directs Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Another Yuasa anime? Hell yeah!

The premise and artwork looks great too. I can't wait.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
uguu

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 10:10 pm Reply with quote
holy crap the manga art looks perfect for Yuasa:

I was afraid he'd just get more and more boringly mainstream but this is probably gonna kick ass.
gsilver

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 11:08 pm Reply with quote
As a huge Yuasa fan, I’m so glad that he’s getting so many projects lately. I’d still like more original works, but beggars can’t be choosers.

When I first read the premise, it sounded a bit generic, but looking at the preview and manga panels, it looks like it should be interesting and a good fit.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 11:48 pm Reply with quote
The trailer looks good and the website even has a few english comments which briefly describe what the story is about. I can see why Masaaki Yuasa would be interested in adapting the manga though it is a little surprising that his next anime project is a general audiences NHK show.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 1:17 am Reply with quote
So it's the anime about the creation of anime, but instead of going to describe the real description of processes like Shirobako did, it goes straight power of imagination fantasy with a glimpse of how creators being in their own world that they drew. And that comes with the direction of Yuasa, the master of liquid trip art in anime form.

Ok, that sure looks like a hit.
FackuIkari

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 7:01 am Reply with quote
YUASA HYPE!
gridsleep

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 9:50 am Reply with quote
Considering the pedigree, I am looking forward to this series. The picture reminds me of Freedom for vaguely obvious reasons: trike racing in the Moon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1