• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 6 Pieces of Attack on Titan Merchandise That No One Asked For

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bemused Bohemian

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 1:10 pm Reply with quote
That honcho's face mask (standing next to that red Ferrari) is reminiscent of a '50's thriller, lol, Creature from the Black Lagoon(1954). It's been a few since I watched that flick in exhilarating b&w but the facial features seem familiar. Ah, time & civilization, look at how far we've advanced: from slimey, slithery, fishy blub, blub to walking on 2 legs out of water ingesting crunchy meat pies. Yum......!
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 2:53 pm Reply with quote
^^ Creature of the Black Lagoon 2 was one of Clint Eastwood's first movies. I was always more of a Swamp Thing fan, though. Legit that goblet is terrifying, like a sausagey Renfest worse nightmare.
Otaku-sempai

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:03 pm Reply with quote
A weird product I remember from when I was stationed In Japan was Hokuto no Ken sausages. My friends and I joked that they were made from real mutant bandits. Never saw one, much less tried it.
Generations

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Huh. I'm surprised there isn't an Attack on Titan-based onahole. Or is it not on this list because people asked for it?
KyokoBestMeguca

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Generations wrote:
Huh. I'm surprised there isn't an Attack on Titan-based onahole. Or is it not on this list because people asked for it?

It took me about 2 minutes to confirm that this does in fact exist and looks terrible. The promotional video is also deeply off putting.

spoiler[http://onahodouga.com/archives/54560003.html]
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:30 pm Reply with quote
$600,000 for a Ferrari 458 with a Titan paint job Shocked

The car is only worth $230k new and isn't a limited model, so it depreciates in value once it's used (ie: the moment it's driven off the lot). Someone paid over $400k in premium to get that 458. They must have really wanted the 458 that was in the news for a few weeks. They could have bought a brand new one and spent a couple thousand more on a custom paint job or wrap and gotten the same result for way under $300k.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 8:13 pm Reply with quote
In my life,I've seen some pretty weird merchandise based on popular shows. I can see stuff like "Star Wars,""Sailor Moon,"and Hello Kitty among others. But,"Attack on Titan?" I admit the show's popular and all,but some of the merchandise is...discomforting to say the least. Anime smallmouth There are certain shows that just don't need it and this is one of them. There are also merchandise that I don't want to imagine out there and I don't really want to say it here because if I did,I'd get banned.

Last edited by Snomaster1 on Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:46 am; edited 3 times in total
reanimator

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 8:46 pm Reply with quote
I don't care about the type of merchandise placement using popular Anime title(s). Crazy or not, what Japanese do for their advertisement is freewheeling ways to get TV viewers' attention no matter what.

Here in the States, how often do we see TV advertisement using anime characters? Only then, kid's anime (Pokemon for example) get used to promote processed food or toys. Subculture-wise, no place in the world uses TV advertisement to promote comic, CD, anime DVD's, or whatever related merchandise.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1