• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift?' Anime's Promo Video Previews Opening Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:14 am Reply with quote
Kind of hype for this show. Hope it gets a simuldub as well.
pharmboy23

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:00 am Reply with quote
I’m looking forward to this, it seems goofy enough and not as fat-shaming as I feared.

As somebody who constantly wars with his urge to eat everything in sight, I really related to the calorie-cam near the start Razz. It’s how I have to look at EVERYTHING.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:11 am Reply with quote
Of course it is Tessho Genda, he is basically Arnold Japanese dub voice that known for years. The whole thing does not work without his voice. Very Happy

pharmboy23 wrote:
I’m looking forward to this, it seems goofy enough and not as fat-shaming as I feared.

As somebody who constantly wars with his urge to eat everything in sight, I really related to the calorie-cam near the start Razz. It’s how I have to look at EVERYTHING.
Well, I don't even remember that there was a fat-shaming of MC, her appetite is just played mostly for laughs. And then it comes with a fact that she has spoiler[a comedy-level insane strength without the actual training.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:02 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Well, I don't even remember that there was a fat-shaming of MC,

No shortage of people out there who consider the mere suggestion that one should take better care of themselves and work out a bit as 'fat shaming'.

I've never been fat, but as some one who has psychological issues I'll say that starting going to the gym has been one of the best decisions of my life.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:20 am Reply with quote
I’ve said it before, but given how the past few seasons have gone, people whining about fat shaming and body positivity would just ensure this ends up the most popular show on Crunchyroll by a country mile.
pharmboy23

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:58 am Reply with quote
The potential is there for this to be a very judgemental show and it does seem to be pushing the exercise lifestyle as a good thing rather than an obligation so I appreciate that. It can be easy for this sort of thing to go very preachy and light fun would be just fine.

I doubt they’ll get into the gym as a mental health tool, but I have to agree. I struggle with my mental health too, and while medication helps a lot, the gym and running help me just as much.
jenthehen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Senko isn't really doing it for me, but I'm very hyped for this show! It looks like it'll be super funny and cute.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:46 pm Reply with quote
pharmboy23 wrote:
The potential is there for this to be a very judgemental show and it does seem to be pushing the exercise lifestyle as a good thing rather than an obligation so I appreciate that. It can be easy for this sort of thing to go very preachy and light fun would be just fine.

I doubt they’ll get into the gym as a mental health tool, but I have to agree. I struggle with my mental health too, and while medication helps a lot, the gym and running help me just as much.

From what little I've read it's more common for the over muscled men to be portrayed as being gross.
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Gotta get them gains, the animation.
configspace

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:26 pm Reply with quote
That censored scene where she's on the scale is probably an implicit ad for ATX if it's debuting uncensored there or at least the blurays.

Vaisaga wrote:
From what little I've read it's more common for the over muscled men to be portrayed as being gross.

Not here, thankfully. He's the same mangaka for Kengan Ashura after all.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:34 pm Reply with quote
I was referring to here. I did read a few chapters and the MC did not react positivity to all that muscle. Her friend on the other hand...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1