• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma Manga Gets 3 More Chapters in Jump GIGA Magazine

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:04 am Reply with quote
Let's hope it gives proper closure to the series, because the ending was underwhelming as heck.
GhostD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:12 am Reply with quote
Im not asking for much. Just a proper ending that can give us closure.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:50 am Reply with quote
Agree, Shokugeki didn't deserve such an anticlimactic ending, it reminds me of the disappointment years ago with the last arc of Bleach.
xasli#879653

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:07 am Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
Agree, Shokugeki didn't deserve such an anticlimactic ending, it reminds me of the disappointment years ago with the last arc of Bleach.

Difference is that bleachs last arc was great until the last 15 chapters due to being rushed because of the authors health, and even with that the last two chapters had a decent closure unlike the recent chapter of shokugeki and thats something similar that i hope with this 3 new chapters. So its not the same
danpmss

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:01 pm Reply with quote
xasli#879653 wrote:
Yune Amagiri wrote:

Difference is that bleachs last arc was great until the last 15 chapters due to being rushed because of the authors health, and even with that the last two chapters had a decent closure unlike the recent chapter of shokugeki and thats something similar that i hope with this 3 new chapters. So its not the same

The reason for the series being axed because of the author's health is not quite confirmed, in fact, it's more like a rumor. Although everyone could see that the story at some point was rushed to an end in there.

Kubo had a lot of problems with Jump's editorial staff ever since the Arrancar's arc, which, in one of the tankobons, he even stated he was obliged by them to extend to much longer (more than twice the size specifically) what it should have been.

As for the last arc, he struggled a bit with the pacing and wasn't ranking well enough (despite the overall content up to the point where it got ridiculously rushed being praised by most of the fanbase, such as resolving almost every single plot thread, foreshadowing and questions up to that point), changed editors at least 3 times during the last arc, complained a number of times in Jump's mangaka comment section, and overall, explained how he just continued to write the manga because of fan support, especially regarding a certain hospitalized boy that send him his best regards, which encouraged him so much that he even made a whole mini manga story on his twitter after Bleach ended.

Sounds much more like this was a Togashi situation of Jump not treating well their long-time mangaka, and pulling the plug way before it should have ended (that arc still had about 100 chapters to go, if Kubo's own predictions years ago were to be right).

Kubo's epilogue chapters for Bleach ended well enough because according to that twitter story, he promised himself to write at least the ending the way he really wanted to, as to pay tribute to the hospitalized kid's request.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Giga is monthly, right?

Anyway, while this arc has been pretty poor, I'm glad it will at least get an epilogue to close up the series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1