• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Women Pick Their Most Anticipated Summer 2019 Anime Films

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrSatyre

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:04 pm Reply with quote
{Edit}: Rude bait post removed. ~ Psycho 101
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
10.DRAGON QUEST YOUR STORY (opens August 2)

That low, huh? Is it the art style?
gridsleep

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:22 pm Reply with quote
The last movie I saw in a theater was Gandhi.
Azza Murphy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Somehow I find this to be full of shit it so much like they just made this shit up. Rolling Eyes
ConnormonCat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:14 am Reply with quote
Azza Murphy wrote:
Somehow I find this to be full of shit it so much like they just made this shit up. Rolling Eyes

I mean, that's basically my top 3 most hyped.
And the general popularity of these stories and their respective series makes sense.
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:39 am Reply with quote
Azza Murphy wrote:

This is the dumbest thing to make conspiracy theories about I've ever seen
kotomikun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:40 am Reply with quote
Top 3 are all ocean-related. I don't know what that means. Coincidence, probably.

The Shinkai one being #4 is a little weird, but I guess it doesn't have the franchise power of One Piece or the female protagonist of #2 and #3. What's more baffling is that the bunny-girl-senpai movie and Konosuba are on there. Seems like completely the wrong demographic. Just not a whole lot of movies coming out, maybe?
Meongantuk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:05 am Reply with quote
Azza Murphy wrote:

Eh, I find the list to be pretty believable, typical mainstream stuff. The only surprise was that Konosuba movie ranked that high. I know people love Konosuba, but certainly not this high.

Seishun buta yarou was surprisingly pretty popular among females during its airing. Kinda like how Monogatari has plenty of female follower.

Yuasa's movie's main boy is voiced by a popular actor. Part of Children of the sea interesest is probably due to the actors as well (and the theme song).
dark_bozu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:20 am Reply with quote
kotomikun wrote:
the female protagonist of #2 and #3.

Actually, female protagonist doesn't have anything with those places lol
It's even stated in the article - women picked Ride your Wave because MC voiced by Ryota Katayose (a very popular singer/actor/idol, which had 1.2m of followers on instagram) and some picked it because of director.

Speaking about Children of the Sea - I bet most of them picked it because of Kenshi Yonezu theme song with awesome cuts from anime itself lol
kotomikun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:31 am Reply with quote
dark_bozu wrote:
kotomikun wrote:

It's even stated in the article - women picked Ride your Wave because MC voiced by Ryota Katayose (a very popular singer/actor/idol, which had 1.2m of followers on instagram) and some picked it because of director.

Last time I checked, there can be multiple factors influencing people's interests. More than two, even. And the article said nothing about the other movie. Geez, what is it with the "um, actually"-ing around here lately...
dark_bozu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:52 am Reply with quote
kotomikun wrote:
dark_bozu wrote:
kotomikun wrote:

Last time I checked, there can be multiple factors influencing people's interests. More than two, even. And the article said nothing about the other movie. Geez, what is it with the "um, actually"-ing around here lately...

Maybe, but you've guessed a one factor about #2 and #3 movie ("I guess it doesn't have the franchise power of One Piece or the female protagonist of #2 and #3"). So, I just corrected you, because most of women that voted probably don't care about female MC that much.

Yeah, there's nothing about 2nd place in the article and this was my guess.
P.s. turns out, I was right lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1