• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Mineral Megamix Girls

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spike Terra
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Actually, a few years back, another Langrisser game released in the states. Re:Incarnation released here in 2016 and it's a mixed bag for me. I'm not surprised that people would forget about it as alot of fans were ashamed of it's existence. I still liked Re:Incarnation but I also have a unhealthy obsession with Warsong.
FinalVentCard
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:29 pm Reply with quote
I kinda wish that River City Girls had more of an obvious "Sukeban Deka"-inspired look instead, but the art they're using is still damned good. Also, that game looks fantastic in motion. WayForward are really the last bastion of 2D animation.
Zero-chan
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Spike Terra wrote:
Actually, a few years back, another Langrisser game released in the states. Re:Incarnation released here in 2016 and it's a mixed bag for me. I'm not surprised that people would forget about it as alot of fans were ashamed of it's existence. I still liked Re:Incarnation but I also have a unhealthy obsession with Warsong.

Nobody speaks of Langrisser Re:Incarnation. It's the Star Wars Holiday Special of SRPGs.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't another problem no one remembers it because it was a 3ds game as well. While I was glad to get a lot of the rpgs games we might not have gotten, I was never a fan of the 3ds/vita trend of releasing a bunch of good jrpgs on handhelds only.

Also I always thought Langrisser = Growlanser.
harminia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
As long as I can have Mikudayo living in my Switch, I'll be happy. (Give me that Mikudayo amiibo, Nintendo.)

same... please ninty. Prayer circle for mikudayo amiibo.
I want mikudayo amiibo to sit next to my mikudayo nendo
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:12 pm Reply with quote
The Americanization of Warsong for the Genesis was so bad, it was laughable. I mean, in retrospect, was Americanization really that necessary? Were people just not going to buy a game if it retained its Japanese influences? Especially in anime of all things? Confused

Anyways, Langrisser I & II is a pre-order for me on Steam.

Also, aside from Langrisser: Re:Incarnation, we also had Langrisser Mobile get released early this year, albeit for smartphones.
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Unless those unrevealed art cards they're including are quite racy, the NISA release of Langrisser is pretty tame, especially compared to the Japan release.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Hey, did you play Harvest Moon growing up? I was already college-age by the time this games were growing popular,

I don't know maybe you shouldn't leave the Harvest Moon section of the column as is Razz

Also nice to see them making a Kunio-Kun game that doesn't use the overexposed Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari graphical style. Though not liking the specific style they're using for the new game.
Aphasial
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:08 am Reply with quote
I'd love to see more Miku on the PS, but I really wish they'd take the time to adapt more songs from the arcade mappings in Project Diva Future Tone to the traditional Project Diva console layout.

For those unaware, FutureTone is the "definitive" way to get all 200 songs, but it's a direct port of the arcade version, and the fingerings for a DDR-style arcade environment are very different from the console controller fingerings used in the previous PS releases. I have it, and I like it, but it's just not very fun to play compared to the previous games... unless you're willing to shell out cash for a physical controller you can slap buttons on.
jellybeanbandit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:08 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Also nice to see them making a Kunio-Kun game that doesn't use the overexposed Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari graphical style. Though not liking the specific style they're using for the new game.

Instead they're using the overexposed American 2D Indie Pixelart style. Doesn't look good at all
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:43 pm Reply with quote
[quote="jellybeanbandit"]
BadNewsBlues wrote:

Maybe it's because I haven't seen many games that use the style but I wouldn't call it overexposed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1