• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Persona 3's Tomohisa Taguchi Directs Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna Anime Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully we'll get a trailer released online soon. I can't say I really cared much for the Kino's Journey reboot but the Adventure writer and producer being involved gives me hope for it. Some key visuals are also showing up on Twitter as they were apparently included with a grab bag they gave out at Anime Expo and the new art style looks great so far.

Last edited by Cardcaptor Takato on Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bioshocker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, another Digimon project that's not made by Toei inhouse staff. That's a shame. However the staff sounds promising and Nakatsuru is still involved as character designer.
FrodoGate222

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:25 pm Reply with quote
I don't really know a lot about Digimon but I presume this film is a sequel to the tri films?
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Still kinda annoyed they gave no closure to the disappearance of the others. I hope they do that.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:54 pm Reply with quote
FrodoGate222 wrote:
I don't really know a lot about Digimon but I presume this film is a sequel to the tri films?
It's more like the conclusion to the Adventure canon than a direct sequel to Tri. Like it takes place after Tri but I wouldn't expect to see Meiko in the movie or for her to have a major role in it if she is in it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1