• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Studio Pierrot's Hero Mask Anime Gets 2nd Season on Netflix in August

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IamBatman20

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:27 pm Reply with quote
I am very surprised that this show is getting a second season. I think this is one of the worst anime on Netflix. I guess having Studio Pierrot as a production studio makes it very cheap to make this anime. Still waiting for B the Beginning sequel.
zunderdog24

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:47 pm Reply with quote
IamBatman20 wrote:
I am very surprised that this show is getting a second season. I think this is one of the worst anime on Netflix. I guess having Studio Pierrot as a production studio makes it very cheap to make this anime. Still waiting for B the Beginning sequel.

It isnt surprising considering the first season is essentially a prologue to the actual story and was already in the works when the first season aired.
The first season is basically the equivalent of what skull man is to cyborg 009.
Bioshocker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:57 pm Reply with quote
IamBatman20 wrote:
I guess having Studio Pierrot as a production studio makes it very cheap to make this anime.

I don't know how you came to this conclusion and at this point I'm afraid to ask. Like the poster above me said 2 seasons were planned from the get go.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:18 am Reply with quote
I'm confused but happy?
I don't really remember Hero mask but I do remember being entertained by James bon-blood. I do remember the plot being a real mess and there was a lot of set up with little payoff. I suppose this is why we needed a season 2... but B the beginning had a much better payoff at the end of the season. I mean it had its own problems but they were far different than Hero mask.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:25 am Reply with quote
IamBatman20 wrote:

I thought so too. It was so boring that I ended up watching 10 episodes and still couldn't bring myself to watch the last few to see what happened.
UncleBuckNaked

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:09 am Reply with quote
Netflix's big bad secret is that they plan out their Originals with 2 seasons fixed in it's production and like to parade it as an uber popular show that "everyone" is just binging right now with no intention of a 3rd season.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:39 am Reply with quote
YEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!! Best anime news I've heard in a long time. I LOVED the first season (I know it was pretty much ignored/bashed everywhere, but who cares) and, despite being clear that it needed a second season, I was afraid that given the poor reception Netflix had pretty much canned the whole thing, so I wasn't expecting this at all. What a great way to start the day Laughing
Taichi_EX

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:26 am Reply with quote
Dear Netflix,

Collaborate with Studio Pierrot for Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War anime.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:37 pm Reply with quote
IamBatman20 wrote:
Still waiting for B the Beginning sequel.

Hear, hear!
Winger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Well, the second season was already lauched at Netflix. Nobody talked about it until now.

And as Aggretsuko Season 2, it doesn't have a page in the encyclopedia until now too.
redranger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:18 am Reply with quote
donhumberto wrote:
YEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!! Best anime news I've heard in a long time. I LOVED the first season (I know it was pretty much ignored/bashed everywhere, but who cares) and, despite being clear that it needed a second season, I was afraid that given the poor reception Netflix had pretty much canned the whole thing, so I wasn't expecting this at all. What a great way to start the day Laughing

I really enjoyed the first season as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1