• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex USA Offers Fate/EXTRA Last Encore Complete Blu-ray Box Set

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:50 pm Reply with quote
That's pretty awesome for fans. I never expected a NETFLIX EXCLUSIVE to get a home release. Maybe there is hope for Violet Evergarden after all....

That said, Aniplex would have to pay ME to own this >.>
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:55 pm Reply with quote
I'm relieved enough it's the entire series in one go!
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:03 pm Reply with quote
nice that this is all in one go but ugh i'm scared to see the price
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:54 pm Reply with quote
LuckyAstei wrote:

rightstuf has it listed for 140 bucks...hey at least its dubbed...unlike most of the anime i like they license
zrdb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Siegfriedl88 wrote:
LuckyAstei wrote:

rightstuf has it listed for 140 bucks...hey at least its dubbed...unlike most of the anime i like they license

Maybe it'll be dubbed but they still aren't getting any of my hard earned money.
7jaws7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Maybe there is hope for Violet Evergarden after all....

That would become one of my few instant preorders.
GeorgeC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Siegfriedl88 wrote:
LuckyAstei wrote:

I'm sorry but you're mistaken about a few things --
1) The Right Stuf DUBS most of the anime they license OR they acquire licenses to anime that already had existing dubs; like any company in this time, they have to choose what to dub based on perceived popularity and demand for titles. You don't want to go out of business dubbing every title when not every title is going to be a huge seller especially anything over 15-20 years old. The average print runs for most titles rarely exceeds 3000 copies, many anime don't sell much above 1500.
Most of the people that post here wouldn't even look at anime made prior to 2000.
If any company has the most sub-only titles now, it would be Sentai/Section 23 but they're going back and dubbing more popular titles where there is demand for a sub.
2) The Right Stuf is only DISTRIBUTING Fate/EXTRA Last Encore for Aniplex like they do for all of Aniplex's titles. The Right Stuf distributes anime for more than one company in the domestic US. The pricing on these titles is also set by The Right Stuf. They can only discount what Aniplex allows.
configspace

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
That's pretty awesome for fans. I never expected a NETFLIX EXCLUSIVE to get a home release. Maybe there is hope for Violet Evergarden after all....

That said, Aniplex would have to pay ME to own this >.>

Netflix doesn't own the IP, nor produced Fate, they just licensed it. Absolutely none of the anime Netflix shows are purely exclusive as the vast majority have been shown on Japanese TV and every single one gets a bluray release very soon after, even those handful of shows only streaming on Netflix.

Previously another outside-of-Japan Netflix exclusive, Fate/Apocrypha was also released on bluray by Aniplex, even in the US.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:53 pm Reply with quote
GeorgeC wrote:
Siegfriedl88 wrote:
LuckyAstei wrote:

I'm sorry but you're mistaken about a few things --
1) The Right Stuf DUBS most of the anime they license OR they acquire licenses to anime that already had existing dubs; like any company in this time, they have to choose what to dub based on perceived popularity and demand for titles. You don't want to go out of business dubbing every title when not every title is going to be a huge seller especially anything over 15-20 years old. The average print runs for most titles rarely exceeds 3000 copies, many anime don't sell much above 1500.
Most of the people that post here wouldn't even look at anime made prior to 2000.
If any company has the most sub-only titles now, it would be Sentai/Section 23 but they're going back and dubbing more popular titles where there is demand for a sub.
2) The Right Stuf is only DISTRIBUTING Fate/EXTRA Last Encore for Aniplex like they do for all of Aniplex's titles. The Right Stuf distributes anime for more than one company in the domestic US. The pricing on these titles is also set by The Right Stuf. They can only discount what Aniplex allows.

what......who said rightstuf was at fault in any of this ? i dont like aniplex and their prices and lack of dubs like rascal bunny etc
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1