• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Last Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel Film Previewed in Teaser, Visual

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:47 pm Reply with quote
So good end confirmed? Wait, what is the thunder metaphor supposed to mean beyond the door?
Zeino

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:12 am Reply with quote
You've been good so far, Heaven's Feel movies. Don't drop the ball in the last act.
ssjokg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:25 am Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
So good end confirmed? Wait, what is the thunder metaphor supposed to mean beyond the door?

Whatever trials they have to face after the war maybe, so we are getting True End?
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:46 am Reply with quote
ssjokg wrote:
Whatever trials they have to face after the war maybe, so we are getting True End?

Each past anime adaptation we ever got of Fate always concluded with the True End, why would there be speculation?

Anyway, this is just going to be beautiful in several ways.
ssjokg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:21 am Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
ssjokg wrote:

Each past anime adaptation we ever got of Fate always concluded with the True End, why would there be speculation?

Anyway, this is just going to be beautiful in several ways.

Well we only had 3 adaptations if we count UBW twice so not really an established fact.

The problem is that many like the normal ending in the west.I dont know how it is in japan and I dont know if they are going with what seems more popular.

All I know is that Sudou is a Sakura fan so the True End seems to be the end we will get.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:45 am Reply with quote
ssjokg wrote:
The problem is that many like the normal ending in the west.I dont know how it is in japan and I dont know if they are going with what seems more popular.

All I know is that Sudou is a Sakura fan so the True End seems to be the end we will get.

I should seriously doubt they'll go with what's popular in the west, when they have always and continue to make what they make for a Japanese audience first. So my point remains--it's been the True Ending with each Fate adaptation, so it shouldn't be a surprise for them to do that here. If they were to adapt any other kind of ending, it's more likely to be a separate short OVA like UFOtable did with UBW and Sunny Day.
tintor2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:08 am Reply with quote
I expect a true ending but not identical to the visual novel. What happens to spoiler[Shirou and Rin's bodies was not explored well in the original.]
nDroae

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:49 pm Reply with quote
My only exposure to Fate having been the first two episodes of Zero, a little bit past the prologue in the VN, and the "Today's Menu for the Emiya Family" anime, this poster is very interesting to me Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1