• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Robotics;Notes DaSH

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:12 pm Reply with quote
The Robotics; Notes anime is an underrated gem, and I'm genuinely surprised there hasn't been an anime adaptation announcement of Dash by this point. Despite whatever makes the game slow, I would still be interested in watching it in animation someday.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Awesome review. After Chaos;Child, I have my hopes up for getting an English version of this too. DASH sure sounds like half a fan disc rather than a full blown sequel. But I guess that itself isn't too bad.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:17 am Reply with quote
So what is Okabe getting up to?
Fred Lougee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:51 am Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
The Robotics; Notes anime is an underrated gem, and I'm genuinely surprised there hasn't been an anime adaptation announcement of Dash by this point. Despite whatever makes the game slow, I would still be interested in watching it in animation someday.

I too completely enjoyed Robotics; Notes, even though I was wincing a bit at the magnetic monopoles. (Won't bore you with WARNING:SCIENCE CONTENT except to say that they can't exist any more than you can have a permanent battery with just a positive terminal.) But I really do not think it needs a sequel.

They gave Chaos;Head a sequel and it really just revealed why it's the weakest horse in the stable. They gave Steins;Gate a sequel, but it wasn't really a sequel...and I thought it was a brilliant piece of storytelling to pull it off they way they did it. But Robotics;Notes ended with the tale it needed telling completed. Life goes on for the kids on Tanegashima after that, but it's best not to intrude. They have had it rough enough already.
Richard Eisenbeis
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Fluwm wrote:
So what is Okabe getting up to?

Funny you should ask. I actually wrote a spoiler-filled companion piece to this review answering that exact question!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1