• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Laid-Back Camp at Otakon 2019

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Anybody reading the manga know how much more material there is to adapt? A movie and S2 gotta be more than what's available, so I'm guessing the movie will be original (probably them taking a camping trip elsewhere).

Also, how as there not being a physical release of the show already!?
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:39 am Reply with quote
meiam wrote:

At this point, more than half of the titles on my personal "I'm definitely going to buy a physical release of this show when it comes out" list are Crunchyroll licenses that finished airing more than a year ago... Laid Back Camp, KonoSuba, Planet With, Lostorage Incited Wixoss, Teekyu, A Place Further Than The Universe, etc., etc.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:05 am Reply with quote
In spite of being a big fan of both GITS and Laid Back Camp, I was somehow unaware until now that the Japanese VA of Batou was also the narrator.

Quote:
What happened to that deal Crunchyroll made with Viz for them to dub and release their shows earlier in the year? It was like they made the initial announcement about it and we never heard anything more since then.
aereus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:13 pm Reply with quote
I didn't know they would be coming to Otakon, darn it. I really wish I could have attended this year now. The series was one of my favorite of last year and I have the manga and some various merch for it. Rin is my spirit animal.

As for series coming out in physical versions: CR only does streaming and often takes the merch rights as well, so you're at the whims of someone like Sentai or Funimation feeling there is enough money to be made off only the BD sales to be worthwhile to pick it up.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:38 pm Reply with quote
aereus wrote:

As for series coming out in physical versions: CR only does streaming and often takes the merch rights as well, so you're at the whims of someone like Sentai or Funimation feeling there is enough money to be made off only the BD sales to be worthwhile to pick it up.
Yet somehow Crunchyroll gets less flack for this than Netflix.
12Zwolf12

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:20 am Reply with quote
I wasn't sure what to think about a second season of Yuru Camp, because the first season was such a great full circle story, but the whole staff interview made me confident that this show might be in the right hands.
Let's hope that they can continue the genuine story they started, because there can't ever be enough comfy in the world.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
“We originally planned on having a female narrator,” Hotta added. “For an anime all about girls camping, having a male narrator was kind of taboo. We decided to throw down the gauntlet and try something new.”

To a recent discussion of male characters in all-female worsk. What can I say, if even adding a male narrator to such a show is a brave and risky move?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1