• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation Anime's Promo Unveils Staff, 2020 Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:32 am Reply with quote
Wow, I was not expecting budget. Now if only it was two coeurs since it will adapt the whole childhood arc up until he is an adult (I saw orsted here).
Tripple-A

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:33 am Reply with quote
I hope they won't rush it. I know the pacing is rather slow, but that's something they have to accept for the anime as well.

PS: I don't know if it's the official english LN title, but damn what a stupid dub title once again. Except for the Mushoku Tensei it's leaving out half of the title.

Edit: Seeing Orsted in the trailer pretty much confirms that they will adapt the whole childhood. Even if it's going to be two cours, it's still going to be too much material.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:48 am Reply with quote
Tripple-A wrote:
I hope they won't rush it. I know the pacing is rather slow, but that's something they have to accept for the anime as well.

PS: I don't know if it's the official english LN title, but damn what a stupid dub title once again. Except for the Mushoku Tensei it's leaving out half of the title.

Edit: Seeing Orsted in the trailer pretty much confirms that they will adapt the whole childhood. Even if it's going to be two cours, it's still going to be too much material.

yes, I got used to that because the manga skips a lot of foreshadowing from the novels, since this is the kind of novel where they talk about one character/concept (like the golden armour) then it appears several years/volumes later.

now my only fear is that this gets as rushed as knights and magic; since I am taking for granted that a lot of critics will miss the points in his character development for his childhood period by assuming he was a perfectly healthy and working adult before dying..
Niyari

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:36 pm Reply with quote
i usually don't approve of typecasting but i'm willing to make an exception for Rie Takahashi as Roxy
Moontei

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Crossing my fingers they do the original story justice with this adaptation. One of my absolute favorite isekai stories. The animation from the teaser sure looks nice at least.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:45 pm Reply with quote
I am SO looking forward to this FINALLY being adapted. I don't know how the novel or manga is selling here in the US or abroad, but I figured this was going to be done sooner or later. I'm glad it's sooner Smile
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:33 pm Reply with quote
IIRC the novel is selling in the midle ot the top, which menas it never became the number 1-3 seller but it was still in the top 10, so it is weir dit took it this long to get an anime since most other novel that had similar sales got animes sooner.
BigHeadClan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Awesome I was looking forward to the story being adapted, as others have said I hope they take it a bit slower and try not to rush things.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1