• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Wandering Witch - The Journey of Elaina Light Novels Get TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morry

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:11 am Reply with quote
It'll definitely have some of the more stylistic backgrounds for anime.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:29 am Reply with quote
Can't go wrong with a straight-up traveling fantasy series, right? Though I wonder if she's going to get a companion later on.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:41 am Reply with quote
Oooh! A cute witch story that's a straight up fantasy? Not yet another isekai harem? As long as it doesn't have any panty shots or boob grabbing, sign me up!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:51 am Reply with quote
Ooh this looks right up my alley.
borobor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:41 pm Reply with quote
This looks beautiful. Also this is a blessed day for fans of big, impressive witch hats (three new shows in a row!).
kotomikun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:29 pm Reply with quote
So, basically Kino's Journey, but with a witch? That could be... Very Good, actually. And that background art, jeez. Didn't know anyone was still writing light novels that aren't about extremely overpowered protagonists.

Still have to hold off on getting my hopes up after seeing what happened to one of the female-lead LNs this season, but with any luck this one won't be overly creepy. Director of Harukana Receive and Berserk... two shows that couldn't be more different from each other and from this one, so hard to guess what'll happen.
tsog

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Love azuru's designs, so I'll be hyping this just on that alone. Domain registration was leaked on social media few days ago so not completely unexpected, but good to see a PV.

This, killing slimes, and love is war s2 in one day is like Christmas in October.
ballinamon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:59 pm Reply with quote
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET LIFE!!!!! And I just wished that if some day I could get an adaptation of this. Oh dear, oh dear! are we actually in the beginning of the Phase 2 of Isekai.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:06 pm Reply with quote
With this and the anime adaptation of Kisetsu Morita's and Benio's I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level (is there a shorter version of this title) that makes two witch stories getting an anime adaptation. I hope both anime come out around the same season, and even more so on the same day.

Concerning Wondering Witch what is striking me the most right now is the environment. The environment is so gorgeous and is giving me a similar vibes I feel when I stare at landscape paintings such as the ones from the late Thomas Kinkade for example. Furthermore I like that bit in the preview in which we see the character designs of the protagonist laid out on the table and then that said protagonist coming to life as she flies out of the paper. I think I would keep an eye out if an art book of the anime adaptation comes out.

As for the story it looks like something I would be interested in as it's basically about a witch exploring the world as she meets different people and get involve in their lives in some way as a much bigger story unfolds. It's the kind of adventures I dream about.

This is one anime I am looking forward to seeing next year. Anime smile

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

ballinamon wrote:
Oh dear, oh dear! are we actually in the beginning of the Phase 2 of Isekai.

How is Wondering Witch of the sub-genre of Isekai? It does not seem like it from reading the story summery.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
ballinamon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Aquasakura wrote:
How is Wondering Witch of the sub-genre of Isekai? It does not seem like it from reading the story summery.
You got me there, for the setting I just forget sometimes that not eveything is isekai, if something is Kino but with a witch.
manapear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:29 am Reply with quote
Sounds cute. I guess because it's magic and all, I thought of Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro. I'm interested though, might even try and pick up the LN and manga.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Looks cool. I’ll be keeping an eye on...

*Sees Tomoyo Kurosawa as one of the main characters*

Oh, I’m looking forward to this. Very Happy Seeing Kaede Hondo alongside her will be a fine treat as well.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:01 am Reply with quote
ballinamon wrote:
You got me there, for the setting I just forget sometimes that not eveything is isekai, if something is Kino but with a witch.

I understand! I can imagine with the number of isekai anime coming it gets to a point that you assume any fantasy show is of the iseaki sub-genre. I have not seen Kino, by the way, but I have heard good things about story.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
gaussian_

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Because of COVID-19 I dropped by the bookstore and happened to pick up this light novel. I finished it pretty quickly and found it to be quite enjoyable. I'm only passingly familiar with Kino's journey, but this seemed pretty similar in basic plot structure (again, can't say more since I don't know Kino's journey well enough.) It's not an isekai, just a straight-up fantasy. It also was solidly PG, so you don't have to worry about the anime being full of fan-service unless there is a significant departure from the source material. I for one am quite excited and hope we hear an official broadcast date soon!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1