• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Grand Order Absolute Demonic Front: Babylonia Anime's English Dub Cast Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Good to hear that Aniplex is still producing the dub with Bang Zoom, who have done all the previous Fate series dubs (outside the 2006 anime), and Funimation is just hosting it on their platform.
Aerodynamic41

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:31 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to see everyone reprising their roles.
BalmungHHQ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:32 pm Reply with quote
KitKat1721 wrote:
Bang Zoom, who have done all the previous Fate series dubs (outside the 2006 anime)

Actually, Bang Zoom did produce the dub of the 2006 Fate/Stay Night anime series, and the old 2010 movie version of Unlimited Blade Works as well.
Stiles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Looks great, I would really love to watch this but I'm not really boned up on Fate/Go. Anybody have a list of recommended Fate viewing leading up to this? Thanks in advance. Smile
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Stiles wrote:
Looks great, I would really love to watch this but I'm not really boned up on Fate/Go. Anybody have a list of recommended Fate viewing leading up to this? Thanks in advance. :)

If you don't know about Fate/ at all, Unlimited Blade Works.

If you do, skip ahead to First Order and then start from episode 0 of Babylonia.
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:08 pm Reply with quote
BalmungHHQ wrote:
Actually, Bang Zoom did produce the dub of the 2006 Fate/Stay Night anime series, and the old 2010 movie version of Unlimited Blade Works as well.
Ah, you're right, I'm probably thinking of that Illya spin-off Sentai Filmworks has the rights to.
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Stiles wrote:
Looks great, I would really love to watch this but I'm not really boned up on Fate/Go. Anybody have a list of recommended Fate viewing leading up to this? Thanks in advance. Smile

There's not much by way of anime prep you can do for this one. It's technically not even a Holy Grail War, so it's highly divested from the prior Fate entries. Other than Gilgamesh and Rin, no other characters from past Fate anime show up here, and even then these aren't the same Gilgamesh and Rin. Other than watching the First Order and Episode 0 OVAs, nothing in terms of anime viewing is going to catch you up on this. The only other think you might want to do is read about the first six chapters of the game (or all if you want spoilers).

Honestly, the story is fairly well self-enclosed. there are implications towards a bigger narrative, but I don't know that you really need to know a whole lot about that going in for the story to make much more sense. For instance, knowledge about eh prior singularity doesn't really effect anything here in the Babylonia story that wouldn't come across more as an inside joke rather than pertinent plot material.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this is probably the quickest turnover for a Fate dub yet. Makes me wonder how long before they dub the El-Melloi anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1