• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Unveils Made in Abyss: Dawn of the Deep Soul Anime Film's Promo Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pandsu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Man, I hope it won't take too long for this to show up online and/or on Blu-Ray subbed. The compilation movies still aren't available, right?

I loved the show enough to end up reading the rest of the manga online, which I pretty much never do, as I'm not much into reading manga. And ever since I did, I just couldn't wait to see this arc animated.
And since I can't go to the movie theater due to disability and the complications that can happen with that, and the fact that this probably wouldn't be shown where I live anyway, I will have to wait for some kind of home release. Here's hoping that won't be taking forever and a day to come out.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:13 pm Reply with quote
The movie looks really intense and the animation looks impressive. I can't wait to see more one of my favorite recent anime series. I've also been a fan who started with the anime and started buying the manga afterwards and I hope this won't take too long to come out either.
Lorain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Pandsu wrote:
Man, I hope it won't take too long for this to show up online and/or on Blu-Ray subbed. The compilation movies still aren't available, right?

I loved the show enough to end up reading the rest of the manga online, which I pretty much never do, as I'm not much into reading manga. And ever since I did, I just couldn't wait to see this arc animated.
And since I can't go to the movie theater due to disability and the complications that can happen with that, and the fact that this probably wouldn't be shown where I live anyway, I will have to wait for some kind of home release. Here's hoping that won't be taking forever and a day to come out.

Generally anime films come out on home release one year from premiere. So... you got quite a bit of a wait. There have been a few times where an anime film has came out less than half a year later but I doubt this will be one of them.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Lorain wrote:
Pandsu wrote:
Man, I hope it won't take too long for this to show up online and/or on Blu-Ray subbed.

Generally anime films come out on home release one year from premiere. So... you got quite a bit of a wait. There have been a few times where an anime film has came out less than half a year later but I doubt this will be one of them.

The Love, Chuunibyou & Other Delusions movie came out on Japanese theaters in January 2018, and Sentai released it on BD/DVD in November 2018. I think there is a pretty good possibility that Made in Abyss: Dawn of the Deep Soul will be released by Fall of next year.
el_morris

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:05 pm Reply with quote
I hope to see this movie in theaters the next summer, usually it takes a few months for anime movies to get released in cinemas in my country, like Kaijuu no Kodomo (which I saw yesterday) or Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl (which I'll see next weekend), so I'll wait patiently.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:00 am Reply with quote
I hope that they put this and the compilation films on Hidive.
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:14 am Reply with quote
Oh yeah, this is going to be amazing.

At first I was a bit annoyed that they chose to make this arc into a movie as opposed to the extra length of a TV season, but the trailer looks great! I'm looking forward to this for sure.
Pandsu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:25 am Reply with quote
It's gonna be a painful wait but as long as it doesn't take literal years I guess I'll live. I imagine it would be worse if I was an anime-only fan of this.
TD912

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Did Sentai mess something up? They set the video private when it was working this weekend.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1