• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: 86 novel 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:53 am Reply with quote
I can’t read this review too closely, because I’m halfway through volume 1 and don’t want to be spoiled. Have to say though, I’m really liking what I’ve seen of this series so far. I wish there were more serious and thematically ambitious LNs like this out there, and less indulgent isekai stuff.

Also, the author is a woman? The pen name “Asato Asato” doesn’t give anything away, but I guess I was inclined to think that war/mecha authors tended male.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Yes, she is. it's quite surprising considering the genre and her love for garter belts which she mentionned in an afterword if i remember correctly. Anyway, the serie keep getting better and better, the localized vol.4 can't come soon enough, i hope to see a potential "important announcement" soon too.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:02 pm Reply with quote
These days it feels especially easy to tell whether or not the writer of an LN is a man or a woman simply by counting the number of times a female character thinks about their boobs. If >0, it's a man.
NishizawaMihashi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Where did the idea that Asato Asato was a woman came from? I read the afterword, and I had the impression right then and there that it was a dude. It'd be extremely interesting if the author truly is a woman, but I just don't get that impression at all. The only indicator I can find right now that claims that it's a she is on the novel's fandom wiki, but there're simply no other leads. Either way, I'll see to it myself whether Asato really is a man or a woman
┗(^∀^)┛
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
These days it feels especially easy to tell whether or not the writer of an LN is a man or a woman simply by counting the number of times a female character thinks about their boobs. If >0, it's a man.

Uh yeah, no. Thats total BS. There are plenty of female authors who write pervy stuff and explore the sexuality of their characters. Females included.
Creonic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Where did the idea that Asato Asato was a woman came from?

Asato has been confirmed a woman in a few interviews. I'll link a summary of a 2017 interview posted on Twitter:https://twitter.com/highimpactsex/status/938342522891386880?lang=en
If you check out Asato's Twitter https://twitter.com/Asakura_Toru, she also often reposts jewelry, which I don't think most male writers do.
NishizawaMihashi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:08 am Reply with quote
Creonic wrote:
Quote:
Where did the idea that Asato Asato was a woman came from?

Asato has been confirmed a woman in a few interviews. I'll link a summary of a 2017 interview posted on Twitter:https://twitter.com/highimpactsex/status/938342522891386880?lang=en
If you check out Asato's Twitter https://twitter.com/Asakura_Toru, she also often reposts jewelry, which I don't think most male writers do.

Heeeh. How interesting (✿╹◡╹)
Fluwm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:05 pm Reply with quote
AnimeFlyz wrote:
Quote:

Uh yeah, no. Thats total BS. There are plenty of female authors who write pervy stuff and explore the sexuality of their characters. Females included.

Uh, yeah, "exploring sexuality," and only thinking about boobs are not the same thing. But nice try, I guess? I can only imagine you're speaking in bad faith or have somehow managed to never read an LN where the only character depth the female characters get is patting their chests and getting depressed at their lack of bustiness... which would seem impossible on the face of it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1