• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rumbling Hearts (Kimi ga Nozomu Eien) Change in FMC Choice -SPOILERS-

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lhernan02

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:16 pm Reply with quote
This is, I am sure, a long forgotten show, but when it came out, there was a lot of controversy (at least hundreds of posts worth) as to which FMC the MC (Takayuki) should have ended up with and oddly enough the choices broke down based on age/experience. The younger or with less life experience favored Haruka as the idealized first/pure love, while those us who were older or with more experience favored Mitsuki as the realistic choice, warts and all [and all but the most naïve considered Takayuki unworthy of either, but that is a completely different discussion].

If anyone still remembers or cares about this, I wonder if they aged out of Camp Haruka into Camp Mitsuki or vice versa. If one had the foresight at the time, it would have been an interesting social experiment to track down how life experience effects individual, group, and mass comprehension of media (at least that is the way I would have written the grant request ;-P).

PS: For Haruka fans an OVA was produced with her ending in it, and it failed to please anyone: Haruka fans had either moved on or could not "unsee" the original ending and Mitsuki fans did not care.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1