• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evo 2020 Tournament Unveils Fighting Game Lineup

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Treeborn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:56 am Reply with quote
It's been a bit since I've checked out competitive MvC2, so this is pretty cool. Can't wait to see all those Sentinels again Lol

It totally slipped my mind when I first read this, but no Mortal Kombat?? Damn, thats so crazy.
Heishi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:10 am Reply with quote
Treeborn wrote:
It's been a bit since I've checked out competitive MvC2, so this is pretty cool. Can't wait to see all those Sentinels again Lol

It totally slipped my mind when I first read this, but no Mortal Kombat?? Damn, thats so crazy.

No Killer Instinct either.
ReifuTD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:04 am Reply with quote
If I remember right they skipped Dragonball FighterZ last year because some the companies who own the rights to Dragonball didn't understand how competitive fighting game tournament communities worked and was trying to nickle a dime money out of people and it was killing the competitive scene.

I don't know where things stand now, I might causally watch a tournament of something every few months now and then.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:10 am Reply with quote
ReifuTD wrote:
If I remember right they skipped Dragonball FighterZ last year because some the companies who own the rights to Dragonball didn't understand how competitive fighting game tournament communities worked and was trying to nickle a dime money out of people and it was killing the competitive scene.
It was EVO Japan, not EVO - and DBFZ skipped it there this year too.
Barbobot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:
Treeborn wrote:

No Killer Instinct either.

Last time KI was on the main lineup of EVO was in 2016 though, so it's no surprise that KI isn't there. No NetherRealms game though is surprising, especially considering how MK11 is not even a year old yet. 2010 was the last time a NetherRealms game wasn't one of the headlines at EVO with either an MK or Injustice game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1