• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Psycho-Pass 3 Anime Film Opens on March 27 for 2-Week Run

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Have any of the previous movies been released in the US yet and are there plans to release them in the US if not?
L11K

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Have any of the previous movies been released in the US yet and are there plans to release them in the US if not?

You mean the 3 SS movies? They have not and I don't think so. But they are subbed, just sadly not legally.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:49 am Reply with quote
How can an IP about future cops of all things be so confusingly laid out? Not that I care but I don´t even get what IG is doing with it anymore. At least Ubukata got paid. I would have preferred more GitS Arise instead (not that SAC S03 looks bad) but it´s funny that he of all people is now a top 3 guy when it comes to the direction of this bizarro IP.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lo Wang

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:11 am Reply with quote
Psycho Pass has become a retarded poor man's Judge Dredd. When Megacity one looks like a good place to live compared to your universe. You've crossed into science fantasy hackery.
SheRrIs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:29 am Reply with quote
I thought it was revealed to be a compilation film? Confused Which is it?
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:02 am Reply with quote
So the original follows onto the first film, which then leads into season 2 and then follows onto season 3 and then finally onto this film? Where does that lead Sinners of the System in all of this?

What happened to Funimation and this title, did they loose interest or does Amazon have some interest in it.
IceLeaf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:57 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
So the original follows onto the first film, which then leads into season 2 and then follows onto season 3 and then finally onto this film? Where does that lead Sinners of the System in all of this?

What happened to Funimation and this title, did they loose interest or does Amazon have some interest in it.

Sinners of the System is after season 2 with the 1st and 3rd film but the 2nd has events set before season 1
getumbuck

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:14 am Reply with quote
Sherris wrote:

I thought the same thing. ANN even had an article about how it was a compilation film this past fall.
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:27 am Reply with quote
IceLeaf wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

Sinners of the System is after season 2 with the 1st and 3rd film but the 2nd has events set before season 1

No movie 2 is a flashback. While it does "take place" before season 1, the beginning and end of the movie after the "flashback" is after the Shambala movie.

Season 1 > Season 2 > Shambala movie > Sinners of the System movies 1, 2 and 3 > Season 3
FrodoGate222

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Yep now I'm legitimately confused if this is a sequel to 3 or a compilation film
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:49 pm Reply with quote
The Sinners movies are licensed in Spain, so they are obviously up for grabs. As for why Funimation isn't announcing them is beyond me. They also really need to license season 3, even if the dub will be disk/iTunes/Amazon video purchase only.
dragon695

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:06 am Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
How can an IP about future cops of all things be so confusingly laid out? Not that I care but I don´t even get what IG is doing with it anymore. At least Ubukata got paid. I would have preferred more GitS Arise instead (not that SAC S03 looks bad) but it´s funny that he of all people is now a top 3 guy when it comes to the direction of this bizarro IP.

I’m getting the feeling this a common issue with original works that Urobuchi composes and writes the scripts for but is not fully committed to or loses interest in continuing/finishing. I think both Aldnoah Zero and PP are emblematic of this. Now that Gen moved on, the director doesn’t seem to have a clear vision of where the story is going.
zensunni

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:19 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
residentgrigo wrote:

I’m getting the feeling this a common issue with original works that Urobuchi composes and writes the scripts for but is not fully committed to or loses interest in continuing/finishing. I think both Aldnoah Zero and PP are emblematic of this. Now that Gen moved on, the director doesn’t seem to have a clear vision of where the story is going.

Gen may not be involved, but Makoto Fukami has been part of the writing team for every PP entry with the exception of one of the SS movies (correction: and PP2). Everything that Gen "wrote" he co-wrote and many of the things after Gen left he wrote on his own. Perhaps Gen was getting more credit than he deserved? I personally thought that season 3 was extremely good and, in many ways, based on what was done in season 2 and the movie I was able to see (not having seen the SS movies), it seemed very much like this is the story they've been aiming to tell all along. I'd rather have another season to wrap up the story than a movie, but if they get a real movie budget, the visuals should be amazing.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Anime titles switching formats isn't unique to Psycho Pass though it's always kind of frustrating to me when they do that particularly when the movie format takes longer to come out.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:34 am Reply with quote
getumbuck wrote:
Sherris wrote:

I thought the same thing. ANN even had an article about how it was a compilation film this past fall.

The article now has an update:
Quote:

The Mainichi Shimbun paper's Mantan Web and other news services reported on December 13 that Psycho-Pass 3: First Inspector is a compilation film. However, Fuji TV confirmed with ANN on February 19 that the film is not a compilation film.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2