• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dark Horse Licenses Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!, Mob Psycho 100: Reigen Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ampharos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Eizouken in English? Finally, good news. One-click bought that immediately.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:31 pm Reply with quote
With Diamond shutting the direct comic market down, manga volumes are probably a safer investment.
heavyweather

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm really excited! The show was amazing, and I'm suspecting that the source material is really strong. I can't wait to read this!

And it's also coming much sooner than I thought it could, so that's awesome.

The minute it's available on RightStuf, I'm per-ordering it.
DavetheUsher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
With Diamond shutting the direct comic market down, manga volumes are probably a safer investment.

To be fair, manga's been a safer investment for the past 20 years I'd say.
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Announced the day after my purchase of all the volumes in Japanese arrives in the mail....

Happy news all the same.

Even happier news: the anime only covers the first three volumes of the manga, looks like, so there's material for another season of anime, if they want to do it.
Sir Daniel Fortesque

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Blade of the Immortal still left-to-right.. Dark Horse never seems to escape mediocrity, they always fudge something up.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:09 pm Reply with quote
I’m not seeing any info on Random House’s website if Blade of the Immortal will be left-to-right. Where was that found? If so, that is a major blunder on Dark Horse’s part in not respecting the original orientation of the manga, and releasing it in a “deluxe edition” but still in their cut and paste version for it to more look like western comics is absolutely ridiculous. They’re releasing Berserk and Hellsing in giant deluxe editions with the orientation respected, why can’t they fix this one??
Animegunclub

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:

I mean, Diamond distributes Dark Horse and (now) Vertical/Kodansha (among others). At least there's still Amazon (maybe not now, but I'm sure they'll open up ordering sooner than Diamond will).

I'm sure this'll be fine by september tho, so lol

But more importantly...and, forgive me if this sounds unfounded, but somehow I don't believe Dark Horse will end up publishing all of Eizouken once its anime's popularity wanes.

They'll probably get to the last two books, and stall out to publish deluxe hardcovers of Gantz or something dumb
TheOtakuX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Animegunclub wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:

I mean, Diamond distributes Dark Horse and (now) Vertical/Kodansha (among others). At least there's still Amazon (maybe not now, but I'm sure they'll open up ordering sooner than Diamond will).

I'm sure this'll be fine by september tho, so lol

But more importantly...and, forgive me if this sounds unfounded, but somehow I don't believe Dark Horse will end up publishing all of Eizouken once its anime's popularity wanes.

They'll probably get to the last two books, and stall out to publish deluxe hardcovers of Gantz or something dumb

They can't even seem to finish those kind of things. They haven't done an Oh My Goddess Omnibus in ages. And no new volumes of Eromanga Sensei have been scheduled.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1