• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Cautious Hero Makes Surprise Cameo in Isekai Quartet

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zunderdog24

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:10 am Reply with quote
It brings me great joy, seeing Shield hero not being included in that end card.
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:18 am Reply with quote
Well, that would have been a nice surprise :/
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:34 am Reply with quote
Sorry ANN you really just spoiled this cameo for a lot of people. Can you delete this or change this article so that those who have not watched the episode can enjoy the surprise?
zunderdog24

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:16 am Reply with quote
Zoneflare wrote:
Sorry ANN you really just spoiled this cameo for a lot of people. Can you delete this or change this article so that those who have not watched the episode can enjoy the surprise?

I dont think they care about spoilers seeing as they constantly make "spoilery" thumbnails for ep reviews; which show up on the main page all the time. That being said, it is kinda funny that they potentially ruined the surprise for a lot of people.

Just for future reference: if ANN are gonna make articles like this; regardless if they care about spoilers; it would be a good idea to have the headline something more generalized rather than straight up saying it was caution hero. Y'know, to lessen the damage.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:25 am Reply with quote
I think I've suffered more spoilers through ANN than every forum and board I visit combined. They're specially fond of Precure ones.

Anyway, I wish they could have replaced the Shield Hero cast, little as they appeared this season.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:32 am Reply with quote
zunderdog24 wrote:
Zoneflare wrote:

I dont think they care about spoilers seeing as they constantly make "spoilery" thumbnails for ep reviews; which show up on the main page all the time. That being said, it is kinda funny that they potentially ruined the surprise for a lot of people.

Just for future reference: if ANN are gonna make articles like this; regardless if they care about spoilers; it would be a good idea to have the headline something more generalized rather than straight up saying it was caution hero. Y'know, to lessen the damage.

The episode was out all day Tuesday, so if you missed it, sucks but it happens.

Also Rista (or at least the back of her) showed up in episode 9, so its not like its a total surprise.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:29 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
The episode was out all day Tuesday, so if you missed it, sucks but it happens.

I'll go to movie lines and spoil the ending. Sucks if you missed it, but it premiered yesterday.

It's a detail in a series that aired not even 24 hours ago and has no relevance outside the series itself. The only purpose of the scene is fanservice for those watching it, while watching it. I can't even understand the point of reporting on it at all.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:29 am Reply with quote
You can personalize your feed view if review thumbnails are a problem for you. The interest feed has always reported on interesting cross overs or format changes, and that won't change. I'm assuming that's what the PreCure reference is about, since we rarely report on there series, but the introduction of a male character ended up being a really big deal.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kuroi Ren

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:45 am Reply with quote
Spoilers!

Come on! Now you removed the surprise.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:29 am Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
You can personalize your feed view if review thumbnails are a problem for you. The interest feed has always reported on interesting cross overs or format changes, and that won't change. I'm assuming that's what the PreCure reference is about, since we rarely report on there series, but the introduction of a male character ended up being a really big deal.

That one was a bit annoying (even though in the end it wasn't a big deal for the series, unfortunately) but the interest there was easier to understand. I might be misremembering but I'd swear that a couple times the mid-season Cure was spoiled by reporting on leaked merchandise listings, which happens several weeks before it actually happens in the show (this one was quite something even if in the end it was speculation instead of factual lol).
The Interest section is usually, well, interesting. A weird ad campaign, an unusual piece of merchandise, new venues to enjoy some work... that's all pretty nifty, but every so often a random spoiler from a recent episode of whatever slips in. That is not cool.

In this specific case it didn't ruin anything for me because I had already watched it (by sheer luck. Usually I would have taken one or two days more) but if I didn't I would have been very annoyed, moreso since the cameo existing and teasing their presence was the whole scene.
Imagine if it were spring 2007 and a headline read "Fans Express Shock And Sadness After The Death Of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann's Kamina" a day after it happenned. It's bigger than a cameo, but also more relevant and meatier (you could fill a whole gallery of homage art!). And it would be kind of a dick move.
myskaros

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:04 am Reply with quote
Quote:
It announced that Seiya and Ristarte voice actors Yuichiro Umehara and Aki Toyosaki had joined the cast

She's already in the cast as Yunyun though >_>
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:37 am Reply with quote
Our news feed is not actually under the jurisdiction of the Spoiler Police, sorry to say.

If you care that much, watch it when it comes out rather than typing up forum posts scolding us for covering the news. In my personal experience, I can't go on social media without having everything "spoiled" for me, but rather than scolding people for talking about something before I'd personally gotten around to watching it, I just go watch it for myself. And if I care that much - I just make sure I catch it when it comes out and stay away from social if it's that big a deal to me and I don't have time that day.

This is an entertainment news site. It's our job to post about this stuff.
Teraman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:42 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Our news feed is not actually under the jurisdiction of the Spoiler Police, sorry to say.

If you care that much, watch it when it comes out rather than typing up forum posts scolding us for covering the news. In my personal experience, I can't go on social media without having everything "spoiled" for me, but rather than scolding people for talking about something before I'd personally gotten around to watching it, I just go watch it for myself. And if I care that much - I just make sure I catch it when it comes out and stay away from social if it's that big a deal to me and I don't have time that day.

This is an entertainment news site. It's our job to post about this stuff.

You're getting real defensive over something that could have been easily avoided with a simple headline change and generic thumbnail while keeping the same content.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:51 am Reply with quote
Teraman wrote:

You're getting real defensive over something that could have been easily avoided with a simple headline change and generic thumbnail while keeping the same content.

Nah. In my personal judgement - which I trust more than yours, believe it or not - there's nothing wrong with the article as posted. I have the right to make that call.

We are continually harangued over this silly stuff and I've had about enough of it, so I said my piece. Stay safe out there, back to work for me.
dragon695

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Is there more Cautious Hero material to adapt? I know the anime kinda left an open door. Did the novel end, though?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2