• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Tamago 2020 Shorts Stream Online for Free

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:49 am Reply with quote
Awesome! The previous ones had been very hard to come by, so I haven’t seen one of those since 2017 probably.

Edit: I get a network / unsupported file format error message on several browsers and devices. Either it’s not working right now or it’s simply region-locked.
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:26 am Reply with quote
Is the Rebecca one based on a novel? The plot sounds like classic novel.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:37 am Reply with quote
Blackiris_ wrote:
Edit: I get a network / unsupported file format error message on several browsers and devices. Either it’s not working right now or it’s simply region-locked.

It is possible it is region locked. I live in Japan and can still watch it just fine on Chrome. Everyone working in ANN's newsteam this weekend is in Japan, so I was unable to check with our other staff to see if the video is available outside Japan before posting this article. I had hoped it was available worldwide when I wrote and posted it, but that might not be the case.

Edit: Our staff outside Japan are unable to watch the video, so we believe it is in fact region-locked to Japan only. We've updated the article to reflect that.

Last edited by Crystalyn on Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
dragon695

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:59 pm Reply with quote
I have a small bone to pick with Rebecca. The architecture is not very realistic for 19th century rural Maine. Almost all large and small houses in rural Maine were constructed of wood with clapboard or cedar shake siding at that time regardless of wealth. The reason being that utisol (red clay) doesn’t appear in any significance north of Pennsylvania. Thus, it was expensive. Not only that, but getting brick to the site by horse drawn cart from the supplier was likely a huge amount of labor and time. Basically, brick really only came further inland to rural Maine after he turn of the century. Before that, it was restricted to houses and buildings in cities like Auburn, Lewiston, Bangor, Augusta, Waterville, Portland, etc. There was no reason to use brick for the whole house back then because timber and saw mills were so plentiful. It isn’t called the Pine State for nothing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1