• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Assorted Tomfoolery

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:22 pm Reply with quote
-Mario: Definitely possible and there's no better way to celebrate Mario's 35th than to release his old 3D titles. I'm most intrigued by the rumor that 3D World will be a DX release with new stages.

-Nier: Neat....though the original Nier wasn't exactly the most intuitive gameplay-wise

-Cancellations: Somewhere video game companies are freaking out with "How are we going to announce things!? All the venues are shut down!" while Nintendo is like "Snrkt, we had this figured out eight years ago."
DRWii

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully that Mario rumor turn out to be true, because then I can finally give Sunshine a shot. Maybe if I'm lucky they'll eventually port Thousand-Year Door, Path of Radiance, and Chibi-Robo.
OtherSideofSky

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Damn. I was busy working all yesterday and now I've apparently missed Neco Drop for good. I don't even see it up for torrent anywhere.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:30 am Reply with quote
Been going at Persona 5 Royal. I wanted to play Persona again so this fufills that itch. The game has added some nice quality of life features that are obviously meant to make the game as breezy as possible. The shortcuts that tell you where to boost social stats, or available confidants. Definitely recommend it for those that haven't played it before. It's also the perfect game for this social distancing world we live in now.
AkumaChef

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:04 pm Reply with quote
I normally don't get particularly interested in new video game releases but I have to admit I'm excited about the idea of modern remasters for Mario 64 and especially Sunshine.

Several years ago I bought an old Gamecube specifically to play Sunshine again and it just looked awful on a modern television. I'm not even remotely serious enough about retro gaming to go track down an older set that it would look good on. But hey, a remaster would solve that problem! I'd love to see what 64 would look like with new graphics as well. I remember playing that at my neighbor's house shortly after the N64 came out. I enjoyed the game but even back then I felt like it was hampered by the primitive, blocky, 3D of the time.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:28 pm Reply with quote
- Mario rumor: I hope this turns out to be true, it would be great if they could remade games like Mario 64 and Sunshine for the Switch's hardware, especially if they can add some new content like the DS extra features for Mario 64, and obviously improving the graphics and performance of all those games. I'm trying to be reasonable with my expectations, usually Nintendo is not the kind of company that makes big releases to coincide with some milestones, like when they only re-release Super Mario All-Stars for the Wii, but with the LEGO and Universal Studios collaborations it seems that Nintendo is trying to expand the Mario brand even more, so this rumor makes a bit of sense.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:40 am Reply with quote
I got the CE of Persona 5 R since I love that series, but I'm not sure when I'll play it. I'm about half way through my included month of FFXIV, so I'm making my way through that.

I hope the Mario collection turns out to be true, would be great to replay those titles on the Switch after so long
Xavon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:02 pm Reply with quote
The Danmachi mobile game included a cute april fools joke, an 8bit style schmup starring Ais. And 8bit versions of her, Bell, and Hestia for the real game.
Sabruness

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Azur Lane had a gag mini-event featuring the Bulins ( special ships used for limit breaking) which had a funny little story and gave a skin for the Bulins to everyone who did it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1