• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Higurashi: When They Cry Anime Delayed Due to COVID-19

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 1:36 pm Reply with quote
I expected that it was not just the Spring scheduled anime to be delayed.

This whole year we are going to see titles being affected by it one way or another, Oh well.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 2:05 pm Reply with quote
You think they're delaying the summer shows for the additional reason of letting the delayed spring shows finish up their intended broadcasts?
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
You think they're delaying the summer shows for the additional reason of letting the delayed spring shows finish up their intended broadcasts?

That plays a part of it for sure, think about it, if u have titles pushed from airing season to the next, that is going to fill the preivus series air time and so on. Not to mention if studios have been working on projects back to back, the delay of one production would delay the other,
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 2:54 pm Reply with quote
No date really makes me just assume "sometime in 2021". Real shame...was super hyped. Damn real virus
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Since it's getting a manga adaptation, I guess this means it's going to be a brand new story--I was initially under the impression this was going to be a remake. I thought the original anime rounded out to a wonderful conclusion, making me all the more curious what they got planned for this new series.
SamTheNayru

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 3:32 pm Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
Since it's getting a manga adaptation, I guess this means it's going to be a brand new story--I was initially under the impression this was going to be a remake. I thought the original anime rounded out to a wonderful conclusion, making me all the more curious what they got planned for this new series.

I totally missed the part of the manga adaptation. I guess that does imply we're getting a completely new arc, which I'm not sure what to think of. I definitely would've preferred a remake.
RealMTL

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Another one bites the dust!
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Aw, man! That’s a shame! Well, at least I’ve got some extra time to watch the original before the new series comes out.
FlowerAiko

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Here we go again. I'm expecting we're going to get another wave of news like this as summer draws nearer.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:16 pm Reply with quote
SamTheNayru wrote:
pachy_boy wrote:

I totally missed the part of the manga adaptation. I guess that does imply we're getting a completely new arc, which I'm not sure what to think of. I definitely would've preferred a remake.

Maybe the famous arc that mixes all the events; funny thing I would rather get a remake.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:50 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
Maybe the famous arc that mixes all the events;

I wasn't aware an arc like that existed--although that sounds like something the (underrated) live-action movies did. Still, if true then I'm intrigued.
fantaselion

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 11:02 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
SamTheNayru wrote:
pachy_boy wrote:

Maybe the famous arc that mixes all the events; funny thing I would rather get a remake.

Uhh if you've watched the PV, then you would know its a remake, also I never heard of this new manga adaptaiton.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:36 am Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
I'm just assuming most shows are going to be pushed back a season to make room for the shows that didn't get to air this season.
Vasco Vergara Arellano

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 5:18 pm Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
maximilianjenus wrote:
Maybe the famous arc that mixes all the events;

I wasn't aware an arc like that existed--although that sounds like something the (underrated) live-action movies did. Still, if true then I'm intrigued.

That arc is called Miotsukushi-hen and only exists in the novels. Is an alternative version of the ending arc Matsuribayashi-hen (Season 2 Episodes 14-24). Rika retains her memories of the true antagonist, but lose her god guardian Hanyuu. Keiichi becomes the club leader. With that premise they must resolve all the problems of the previous arcs (Rina cheating Rena's father, Shion searching Satoshi and Teppei capturing Satoko) before they enter the final battle with the true antagonist. Is a very good arc because it have many character development and good use of all the elements of the franchise more than just giving the happy ending.
Mamo-chan

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 5:25 pm Reply with quote
More delays. Sigh.

The wait will be worth it. We just have to be patient.
This will give me time to read the manga again Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2