• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Nisekoi, Star Driver, Blend-S, Mushi-shi The Next Passage Anime to Catalog

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:00 pm Reply with quote
And they said Samurai Flamenco would never see another official release in America of any kind... Rolling Eyes
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:02 pm Reply with quote
It would be even better if those shows were given BD releases at Funimation prices. I regret not getting the BD sets for Star Driver that Bandai Entertainment offered years ago. I might also get Classroom Crisis and Oreimo.
WingKing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:49 pm Reply with quote
After the fourth or fifth round of these announcements is when you start to realize the sheer quantity of anime that Aniplex has a stake in these days.
Akamaru_Inu
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Pity they don't seem to be dubbing Mushishi S2 (does Travis Willingham even do anime anymore since he's in the Critical Role thing? I could care less about it but I haven't heard him in anything in a hot minute so idk what else he's up to).

But Samurai Flamenco, holy moly, I gasped. If they do a home release I think I'd actually cry, my friends and I have bugged Aniplex about it several times over a few years and they never budged.

Last edited by Akamaru_Inu on Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:09 pm Reply with quote
I know it won't happen, but I wish they would/could dub Mushishi. Season 1 was a Funiamtion title after all, and I'm sure they could get Travis Willingham to reprise his role even though he no longer lives in Dallas. It is a pitty that Aniplex themselves never dubbed it, because aside from a few characters, most are one offs so you don't need to track down many actors.
maxhate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Just adding my voice to those who already stated that they would like a dub and home video release of Mushi-shi S2.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:26 pm Reply with quote
The S1 Mushishi dub was great but I’d rather have a sub only home video release then no home video release
MysteryOtaku

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Akamaru_Inu wrote:
Pity they don't seem to be dubbing Mushishi S2 (does Travis Willingham even do anime anymore since he's in the Critical Role thing? I could care less about it but I haven't heard him in anything in a hot minute so idk what else he's up to).

He seems to be doing mostly games right now but they managed to get his wife Laura Bailey back for Fruits Basket so it's not entirely out of the picture.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:40 pm Reply with quote
WingKing wrote:
After the fourth or fifth round of these announcements is when you start to realize the sheer quantity of anime that Aniplex has a stake in these days.

Though it would be more interesting if they'd send Funimation some of their older titles that don't stream anywhere, instead of this ongoing duplication of Crunchyroll titles.
Sorraffy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
The S1 Mushishi dub was great but I’d rather have a sub only home video release then no home video release

Region 4 came through with this a few years ago so I'm glad I picked up a copy back then while they were available

https://www.animeinferno.com.au/2017/03/21/review-mushi-shi-next-passage-complete-season-2-dvd/
loveliver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:12 pm Reply with quote
I should do this every time Funimation adds some Aniplex USA licenses to stream.

Aniplex of America shows not yet streaming on Funimation (tell me if I missed any):
anohana
The Asterisk War (was on Funimation)
Baccano!
Blast of Tempest
Day Break Illusion
Fullmetal Alchemist (original)
God Eater
High School Fleet (was on Funimation)
Mekakucity Actors
Nanana's Buried Treasure
Oreshura
Persona 4 the Golden Animation
Persona 5 the Animation
Plastic Memories
Read or Die
Record of Grancrest War
Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend Season 1
Servant x Service
Slow Start
Vividred Operation
Working!!3
WWW.WORKING!!
Yuuna and the Hot Springs

I believe all of these except Baccano! are streaming elsewhere like Crunchyroll and Netflix.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Missing Sekirei from your list
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:11 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Maybe loveliver can clarify, but I'm guessing that's because Aniplex of America doesn't have any involvement with Sekirei. It's just a title produced by Aniplex Japan where Funimation was unable to renew the license. If everything in that situation were on the list, it'd have to include stuff like Paradise Kiss, Kamichu!, Hell Girl, Spiral, King of Bandit Jing, Le Portrait de Petite Cossette, Arc the Lad, and more.
WingKing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Shiki, Hell Girl, Night Raid 1931, Le Portrait de Petite Cossette, Mardock Scramble, and Darker Than Black aren’t on Funimation either. I think Shiki and DTB might be on Hulu, and Hell Girl was on Amazon for a while though I think it’s gone off again.
loveliver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
getchman wrote:
Maybe loveliver can clarify, but I'm guessing that's because Aniplex of America doesn't have any involvement with Sekirei. It's just a title produced by Aniplex Japan where Funimation was unable to renew the license. If everything in that situation were on the list, it'd have to include stuff like Paradise Kiss, Kamichu!, Hell Girl, Spiral, King of Bandit Jing, Le Portrait de Petite Cossette, Arc the Lad, and more.

I believe once Funimation gets all of the Aniplex of America licenses streaming, I don’t mind any of them streaming there. Helps in the long run.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2