• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Everyday♪ Today's Menu for Emiya Family Switch Game Gets Release in N. America

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:57 pm Reply with quote
It'd be kind of hilarious if this game ends up getting dubbed.
Oggers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Nice! I enjoyed the anime, so I'm looking forward to playing this.
Break Xerxes

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Yes! I’m definitely buying this.
smokeyjoey8

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:25 pm Reply with quote
It's kind of embarrassing that a bunch of the Fate anime's have been brought to the US (a lot of them dubbed), a lot of Fate games have been brought here on various systems, Fate/Grand Order is released here and celebrating it's 3rd Anniversary, and yet the visual novel that started it all still hasn't come west. Fate is more than big enough for Type-Moon to officially bring the visual novel to America, yet they don't. I just don't understand why they won't at this point.
omegafinal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:48 pm Reply with quote
smokeyjoey8 wrote:
It's kind of embarrassing that a bunch of the Fate anime's have been brought to the US (a lot of them dubbed), a lot of Fate games have been brought here on various systems, Fate/Grand Order is released here and celebrating it's 3rd Anniversary, and yet the visual novel that started it all still hasn't come west. Fate is more than big enough for Type-Moon to officially bring the visual novel to America, yet they don't. I just don't understand why they won't at this point.

Expanding it a bit further with Melty Blood's localized release by ArcSys, it seems like anything from Type-Moon themselves don't have localized releases, only the ones they have licensed out or collaborated with, like the Extra/Extella series by Marvelous, we even got the PSP fighting game, Unlimited Codes, by Eighting/Capcom, which is maybe the earliest localized Fate game. But yeah, the fanbase has grown over the years, Steam has been getting visual novels new and old; why, Type-Moon, why?

Last edited by omegafinal on Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Levonr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:01 pm Reply with quote
omegafinal wrote:
But yeah, the fanbase has grown over the years, Steam has been getting visual novels new and old; why. Type-Moon, why?

I've wondered this as well. Maybe Type-Moon just doesn't think its worth their time. Type-Moon is odd, like what the hell is going on with the Tsukihime remake? It was announced 12 years ago. lol
Would be nice if they could just hand over the VN to a company and maybe start a Kickstarter asking for a high price and perhaps then Type-Moon will see the demand.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:20 am Reply with quote
smokeyjoey8 wrote:

One possible reason is that I read the visual novel that started it all is very, very long text wise.
FMPhoenixHawk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:28 pm Reply with quote
I'd love for them to make a second season of the anime. I'm getting the manga, but it's still slow going.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1