• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Can anyone please recommend where I can buy Hell Girl seasons 2 and 3?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fallout2man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:46 pm Reply with quote
So, I've had a hankering for some good 'ol fashioned revenge. I had watched season 1 when it was available to stream ages ago and knew Hell Girl was just what the Dr ordered.

Now I want my own copy. Here's the problem, only Season 1 had an official release here in the states.

Not knowing any better, I found a DVD seller in Malaysia who claimed they had all four seasons for $45. I was overjoyed. Then the DVD came and the subtitles were atrocious. I watched maybe half of Season 1 before putting it down. I just couldn't figure the subs out.

I know I can get season 1 and 4 (from Crunchy Roll), but I need seasons 2 and 3 to make my collection complete.

Thanks in advance for helping this poor soul out. Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:52 am Reply with quote
Hell Girl seasons two and three were issued in the US by Sentai. They appear to be readily available on E-bay.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:49 am Reply with quote
Huh, didn't realize Hell Girl Seasons 2 and 3 are OOP. Glad I already have my copies. Really should finish watching them one of these days. Even though I am generally a sub guy, I really liked the dub for Season 1 and it's kind of shame the following two seasons didn't get one (assuming they'd use the same cast, of course).
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:12 pm Reply with quote
@Blood-

Yeah, I checked Sentai's webpage and Right Stuf! before I posted that. I'm pretty sure they are out of print. I also have copies so I knew they had been issued here.
Fallout2man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
Hell Girl seasons two and three were issued in the US by Sentai. They appear to be readily available on E-bay.

Thank you!

It's a bit on the expensive side, so I may need to save up a month or two before I buy them, but I am definitely going to get those releases.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:45 am Reply with quote
The main issue with Hell Girl is that it was produced by Aniplex in Japan, and Aniplex hasn't been allowing other US companies to renew licenses after the initial 5-7-year period expires. We saw the same thing happen with shows like Spiral, Fullmetal Alchemist, Sekirei, Black Butler, Baccano!, and others. With Sony's acquisition of Funimation, some of those titles have resumed streaming on Funi's site, and we may see that come to pass with Hell Girl as well. Though Funi said that S1 didn't sell well for them, which explains why seasons 2-3 were licensed by Sentai instead, and why Sentai didn't risk dubbing them.

Last edited by Zalis116 on Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:39 am Reply with quote
As others have commented, your best bet's likely to be E-Bay with both Hell Girl seasons being OOP from Sentai. There are listings on Amazon, but the prices for those are being gouged by scalpers. Only thing to be careful of is that there are copies of bootlegs sold for the series if you are looking for the legit releases from Sentai. As I'm browsing through E-Bay now, there are auctions for both the mentioned seasons (Season 2 in a full set, Season 3 with separate collections for both halves of the series) running currently with Two Mirrors starting bidding at $15 and Three Vessels at $50. If you want these, I suggest getting them at whatever price you think you can afford for a max bid as auctions can usually get quite heated in the final minutes they are running, depending on how sought after a series is.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
daimakaimura

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Fallout2man wrote:
So, I've had a hankering for some good 'ol fashioned revenge. I had watched season 1 when it was available to stream ages ago and knew Hell Girl was just what the Dr ordered.

Now I want my own copy. Here's the problem, only Season 1 had an official release here in the states.

Not knowing any better, I found a DVD seller in Malaysia who claimed they had all four seasons for $45. I was overjoyed. Then the DVD came and the subtitles were atrocious. I watched maybe half of Season 1 before putting it down. I just couldn't figure the subs out.

I know I can get season 1 and 4 (from Crunchy Roll), but I need seasons 2 and 3 to make my collection complete.

Thanks in advance for helping this poor soul out. Smile

Hi there,
I'm olso looking for the Malaysia dvd on ebay. What about the video quality? Is it acceptable?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1