• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tsukimichi -Moonlit Fantasy- 'Isekai Social Reform' Novel Gets TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:55 am Reply with quote
FFS, another isekai. Rolling Eyes
Seagloom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:22 am Reply with quote
The animation seems decent, but I have no hope for this adaptation if it is only one cour. They would need to make serious cuts to reach the fight previewed here that quickly.
ThatMoonGuy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:48 am Reply with quote
"Social reform fantasy" only makes me think about that trash anime about SUPER HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL students trying a capitalist revolution IN ANOTHER WORLD. Which is, like, a trashier MaouYuu.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:50 am Reply with quote
Looks mildly interesting. Ill check it out
Seagloom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:21 am Reply with quote
ThatMoonGuy wrote:
"Social reform fantasy" only makes me think about that trash anime about SUPER HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL students trying a capitalist revolution IN ANOTHER WORLD. Which is, like, a trashier MaouYuu.

It shares more in common with That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime except the protagonist can be a total psychopath in rare moments.

The "social reform" aspect is about inequality between monsters and a humanlike race perpetuated by an extremely vain deity. The story mostly focuses on the protagonist expanding his own pocket dimension and in turn creating a better world for monsters within it rather than revolutionizing the actual world he was transported to.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:24 am Reply with quote
I've yet to read the LN but the manga has been decent so far, sometimes even intriguing thanks to its Naofumi-like protag. Knowing that it has been popular for a while now, an anime was to be expected anytime.
Morry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Seagloom wrote:
The animation seems decent, but I have no hope for this adaptation if it is only one cour. They would need to make serious cuts to reach the fight previewed here that quickly.

One thing to consider is the adaptation starting in media res for an action-packed opening
and praying for a s2 to actually reach later material. I would still be cautious if I was an LN reader, but it is at least possible that it won't be rushed.
zero-r

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Most, if not all, of the scenes on that PV looked like they were taken from the OP of the series and not actual episodes. I could be wrong though.
Seagloom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Morry wrote:
One thing to consider is the adaptation starting in media res for an action-packed opening and praying for a s2 to actually reach later material. I would still be cautious if I was an LN reader, but it is at least possible that it won't be rushed.

I can only hope. The aforementioned Slime did something similar by including a fight in its first cour OP that will be covered in the upcoming season, for example. Fingers crossed that is all this is; or that they do two cours instead.

I understand cuts are necessary when transitioning from LN to anime; but reaching the point when he fights the lady at 1:00 would take a God of High School level hack job to accomplish in one cour.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:03 pm Reply with quote
I'll say this much, the leads look pretty strong. I mean, Natsuki Hanae, Ayane Sakura, and Akari Kito? I expect it'll be fun to listen to.
Fenrin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm intrigued. I really like the character designs (I have a soft spot for dopey/"ugly" looking protags) and this reminds me of That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime, which I enjoyed. As long as the cast doesn't evolve into a giant harem I think I might enjoy this.
SnowWarren

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:31 pm Reply with quote
I see a dragon and a spider and I'm intrigued. I hope they're main characters.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:03 am Reply with quote
Dang, this is an even older story than Mushoku Tensei. Whatever happened to "strike while the iron is hot"?
ETX

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:20 am Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
FFS, another isekai. Rolling Eyes

Cry some more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1