• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: I'm Standing on a Million Lives Anime Gets 2nd Season in July 2021

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:14 am Reply with quote
what.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:18 am Reply with quote
Before anybody posts why did this get a s2 and not whatever title they want to have, keep in mind this is already coming out in the summer so chances are it was already in production even before s1 aired.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:29 am Reply with quote
The manga became much better starting the Ogres island arc (5th mission) so S2 should be more widely accepted than S1, i just hope the quality of the animation will be higher.
topgun97

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:32 am Reply with quote
I remember when this started airing, the manga sales skyrocketed. ANN made a post about it, so it was at that time that I knew this series was popular over in Japan. So this news doesn't come as a surprise for me. It's possible that the studio decided to go with another season upon seeing the news of the manga sales shooting up and the popularity of the anime increasing over the first few episodes.
Morry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:53 am Reply with quote
topgun97 wrote:
I remember when this started airing, the manga sales skyrocketed. ANN made a post about it, so it was at that time that I knew this series was popular over in Japan. So this news doesn't come as a surprise for me. It's possible that the studio decided to go with another season upon seeing the news of the manga sales shooting up and the popularity of the anime increasing over the first few episodes.

The thing is, half a year isn't enough time to make an anime. This had to be decided on along with season 1, before the manga sales jumped by a factor of 11. That is what's so bizarre about this investment. They must have really believed in the potential of this one.
N_roxy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:04 am Reply with quote
YES YES YES !!! Good news I'm loving watching this anime every week and having fun, I want more.

And whoever complains is just playing his part in the ‘hate isekai’ club keep following your pack of other people's opinions
MisaoFan
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:16 am Reply with quote
topgun97 wrote:

I believe it is the publisher (Kodansha) and the producer (Warner Bros) who have the decision that the anime will be split-cour in the first place, if the studio in charge (Maho Film) wasn't part of the production committee.
ETX

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Well holy shit..

Now we can finally get into the real meat and potatoes of what makes this series great.
Mm-17

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Morry wrote:
topgun97 wrote:

The thing is, half a year isn't enough time to make an anime. This had to be decided on along with season 1, before the manga sales jumped by a factor of 11. That is what's so bizarre about this investment. They must have really believed in the potential of this one.
Half a year isn't enough to make an anime only if you're starting from scratch, if you already gathered production committee partners and secured the director, character designer, script writer and studio to work on the first season, then all you have to do is asking them to make more episodes of S1 when they finish making S1 episodes, and give them 6 months to finish the firs 2 or 3 episodes by time S2 airs, while also working on the rest of the episodes simultaneously (since anime episodes are produced in parallel to minimize production costs)
THAT SAID. they could very much have decided to do a split cour from the beginning like in Overlord II/III or No Guns Life case (although only 3 months separated those cours)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1