• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
A Blast From the Past: Get Caught Up on Dr. Stone Season 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jefcat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see Season 2 is finally upon us! The first episode was a lot of fun.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:52 pm Reply with quote
I fell harder in love with Dr. Stone than any series I've seen in a very long time. It almost felt tailor-made for me to enjoy: a hot-blooded shounen with a protagonist who uses the power of intellect, that celebrates the sheer joy of scientific discovery? Take my everything! I'm not ashamed to admit that I choked up a few times at some of Senku's more incredible accomplishments. Super excited to see where the series goes from here.

(Also I love my adorable melon daughter.)
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
(Also I love my adorable melon daughter.)
Suika is one of the best and cutest characters in all of anime and no one can ever tell me otherwise. Anime hyper

I fully admit, I wasn't expecting to fall in love with this series as hard as I did. But after it started airing on Toonami, I quickly became obsessed with it. It's one of the very few series that had ever made me want to jump into the manga and watching the streams ahead of what my husband and I are watching together (I endure his teasing now about "spoiling" myself early, since he's waiting for the dub of S2 to hopefully hit the Toonami block later this year). I'm very excited for S2 - and already watched the first episode! - and can't wait to see some of my favorite moments from this arc animated.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1