• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Maiko-san Chi no Makanai-san Anime Reveals Cast, Staff, 12-Part Run, February 25 Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brainchild129

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:54 am Reply with quote
Well this sounds just adorable. Curious that it's starting so late, though. That's the second show this season to start in February, after Vlad Love.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:29 am Reply with quote
12 part is 12 episodes, right? The manga has more than 180 chapters and the anime will have only 12 episodes, somehow I feel like it's not enough. I guess it will be another one-season-and-done anime.

Last edited by ErikaD.D on Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
ab2143

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:58 am Reply with quote
This looks cute. I’m looking forward to it. I love anime that involves cooking food
Swissman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:15 pm Reply with quote
I adore the manga! I'm considering buying the 15 volumes in japanese & I'm impatiently looking forward to the anime adaption. But Hanazawa Kana as Kiyo? ... I don't know. I imagined Kiyo having a different voice until now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DerekL1963
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I'm hoping this gets a legally subtitled stream...
shosakukan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:26 pm Reply with quote
I have read the Makanai-san manga in the original.
In a short article about curry and rice in a tankōbon of the Makanai-san manga, the creator Koyama Aiko has said that, while she makes 'standard' curry and rice which has pork or beef as an ingredient, she also makes curry and rice which has squid meat as an ingredient.
Like the protagonist of the Makanai-san manga Noduki Kiyo, Koyama Aiko was born in Aomori Prefecture. Aomori Prefecture usually wins first or second place regarding the catch of squid. So people from Aomori might be more familiarised with curry and rice that has squid meat than people from other prefectures are.
I wonder which prefecture seafood curry and rice featuring shrimp is popular in.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1