• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Date A Live IV Anime Debuts in October With New Studio, Staff

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:22 am Reply with quote
Every season is a new studio. To be honest, I preferred Season 2 the best. As long as sweet ARMS is doing the OP song then its all good for me.
Ak Animax

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:27 am Reply with quote
I'm so Excited ✨ Very Happy Shocked Cool Embarassed
kyokun47

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:48 am Reply with quote
Omg that key visual looks so good!! This is the kind of visual that makes me interested in a show after remembering how awful the one for S3 was. Does anyone know if the Date A Bullet movies were decently animated? Obviously we're working with a different budget but it's a starting point at least
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:18 am Reply with quote
Can't wait for Funimation simuldub for this one! It's on of the better harem action anime out there. Now if only the 5th season of DxD gets announced I do be really happy.
GhostD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:05 am Reply with quote
kyokun47 wrote:
Omg that key visual looks so good!! This is the kind of visual that makes me interested in a show after remembering how awful the one for S3 was. Does anyone know if the Date A Bullet movies were decently animated? Obviously we're working with a different budget but it's a starting point at least

It was animated well imo but to each their own
SpiritSmoocher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:19 am Reply with quote
As a Spirit Pledge whale who also bought the respective DAL merchandise and trading cards, I am hugely optimistic on the direction the series is going. Even if this may be the last season, the visuals are going to be taking a huge step forward. DAL III was way too outdated for a 2019 anime. I hope more people watch Date A Live now that the series is massively improving. It was time Kadokawa start reinvesting back into their older animes with a huge following. Some reason, the Spirit Pledge mods are negative on the outcome of the 4th season. But Tohka and Kurumi merchandise sales have been strong.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:09 am Reply with quote
The article might want to add that Funimation released season 3 on BD/DVD in April 2020.

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Date-A-Live-III-Blu-ray-DVD
Albion Hero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Surprising to see so many people liking this new art given it looks nothing like the Tsunako art, which was the whole appeal of the franchise in the first place. It looks like some shoujo thing now. I'll still watch since I love Date a Live but its a huge step down from S3 art wise.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:17 pm Reply with quote
It's kind of funny that this series keeps changing studios, but that's a strong Key Visual and I like what I've seen from Date a Bullet.

I'm kind of curious how they'll start the season off since they skipped a lot of plot important stuff when they adapted a whole novel into one episode for season 3's finale.
GhostD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:32 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
It's kind of funny that this series keeps changing studios, but that's a strong Key Visual and I like what I've seen from Date a Bullet.

I'm kind of curious how they'll start the season off since they skipped a lot of plot important stuff when they adapted a whole novel into one episode for season 3's finale.

Me thinks they'll start immediately with spoiler[Nia's introduction] and just add in the skipped content in some kind of flashback
melomax

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:56 pm Reply with quote
I agree that the visual looks really nice, but it also looks nothing like tsunako's art, which is a real shame Sad hopefully the animation is good so I can look past the change :/
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see the fall premier. For those who might know, is it possible for this season to cover the remaining novels or would it need more seasons to reach the proper finale?
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Why is that this show can't pick a animation studio and stick with it?
YoshiChao

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:53 pm Reply with quote
It’s pretty impressive seeing so much praise for this Key Visual. Shido looks fine, but Touka looks atrocious lmfao

It’s like they drew her as flat faced as possible, and completely ditched the Tsunako art style. Praying this is just a Key Visual mistake and the actual show looks much better, but until a PV comes out I’m not expecting much.

Really sucks seeing how far this anime has fallen since the good old days of S1 feeling like a genuinely good show to watch.
Villain-chan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Albion Hero wrote:
Surprising to see so many people liking this new art given it looks nothing like the Tsunako art, which was the whole appeal of the franchise in the first place. It looks like some shoujo thing now. I'll still watch since I love Date a Live but its a huge step down from S3 art wise.
AGREED! I saw that visual and am like "oh no, its another DxD sitch again!" (Art looks nothing liek the chars though in DxD's case they used the art FROM the VN instead of the OG art the anime used which made for the new look the anime had based off the VN, Rias look like Akino and while it was ok visual wise, the old art was more detailed and better)

Honestly, this is upsetting and I wish they'd use the actual series' art style -_- here it looks like some cheap Chinese "anime" and it looks BAD. -_-
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2