• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fruits Basket the Final Ending Credits to Feature 12 Drawings by Creator

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Any new Takaya Fruits Basket art is a win in my book.
Oggers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:03 pm Reply with quote
It's interesting how much Takaya's art style has changed since she started drawing Fruits Basket. Her more recent Furuba art definitely looks great, though.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Does that mean it's confirmed to be 12 episodes, or will we get more illustrations from other artists? I really hope it's not just 12 eps, but I can't imagine they'd pace it well for 50 episodes just to rush it in the end.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:32 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
Does that mean it's confirmed to be 12 episodes, or will we get more illustrations from other artists? I really hope it's not just 12 eps, but I can't imagine they'd pace it well for 50 episodes just to rush it in the end.

Yeah, I'm not sure how they'd be able to fit everything in properly in just 12 episodes.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:37 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
MagicPolly wrote:

Yeah, I'm not sure how they'd be able to fit everything in properly in just 12 episodes.

The announcement's implication is that these 12 illustrations will appear in the ending sequence of every episode (not just one illustration per episode), so it does not necessarily reflect the season's number of episodes.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:11 am Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
MFrontier wrote:
MagicPolly wrote:

The announcement's implication is that these 12 illustrations will appear in the ending sequence of every episode (not just one illustration per episode), so it does not necessarily reflect the season's number of episodes.

Oh that's a relief, I interpreted it as one per episode but it makes a lot more sense as them all showing up in the credits.
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:40 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
Egan Loo wrote:
MFrontier wrote:
MagicPolly wrote:

Oh that's a relief, I interpreted it as one per episode but it makes a lot more sense as them all showing up in the credits.

I even wondered the same thing or even 12 for a cour and then they'd have 12 more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1