• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams D4DJ First Mix Anime's English/Spanish Dubs

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Oh neat they're doing that thing where the Japanese voice actress voices the character in the English dub as well.

Also LilyPichu? Wow.
kyokun47

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 5:25 pm Reply with quote
I watched the full thing when they were adding the episodes to Youtube, and the dub is fantastic. As someone who's hard of hearing though, I hope Funi's version adds closed captioning like some of their other dubs. Sometimes they don't do it, especially if it's a show that they obtained streaming rights only (NIS America titles in particular, like Nagi-Asu or Toradora)
Lynx Raven Raide

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:
Oh neat they're doing that thing where the Japanese voice actress voices the character in the English dub as well.

Also LilyPichu? Wow.

Bushi released the dub back when they released the original Japanese on YouTube back when it aired, so you can hear Karin there. My only knock is that her accent does jilt things a little (she isnt fluent like Tsumutsumu) but she did do a good job

On that note, I only watched the sub so didn't realise they didn't do the same treatment with Tsumutsumu. Missed out on a golden opportunity there
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Really getting the dubs out there!
harminia

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Raven Raide wrote:
Bushi released the dub back when they released the original Japanese on YouTube back when it aired, so you can hear Karin there. My only knock is that her accent does jilt things a little (she isnt fluent like Tsumutsumu) but she did do a good job

I only watched part of episode one to see how she sounded like so maybe she adjusts to it later, but she did sound rather stilted. However, part of that may have been from the script; it was just awkwardly worded so it sounded unnatural. I do appreciate them getting her to do both eng and jp versions though, it's pretty cool.
Purple Ninja

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Is there a chance for this anime to get a Portuguese dub there too? Since it was dubbed in Spanish and Funimation works in Brazil, I hope this happens.
Sheupe

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 3:13 pm Reply with quote
HIDIVE has also added the Spanish and English dubs
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1