• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Di Gi Charat Franchise to Host 'Big News' Livestream on June 12

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 5:39 pm Reply with quote
I have to admit, it's kind of weird not seeing the Digi Charat girls as designed by Koge-Donbo. Oh well.
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 6:30 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
I have to admit, it's kind of weird not seeing the Digi Charat girls as designed by Koge-Donbo. Oh well.

The credit at the bottom of the image lists Koge-Donbo's name so I think she's still the main illustrator. Her style probably just changed now compared to the early 2000s.
SakuraShimizu

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 11:09 pm Reply with quote
I was about to say. I follow Koge Donbo on Twitter and this is definitely her artwork. More importantly, is it possible that Broccoli is giving us a new Di Gi Charat anime after all these years? Laughing
grooven

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 1:36 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Her art has changed over the years so it isn't like how it was 20 years ago.

I think it will be an anime I believe I heard something about that. I wish Galaxy Angel would get a revival too.
Tohsaka

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 8:25 am Reply with quote
SakuraShimizu wrote:
I was about to say. I follow Koge Donbo on Twitter and this is definitely her artwork. More importantly, is it possible that Broccoli is giving us a new Di Gi Charat anime after all these years? Laughing

It's hard to imagine a new Di Gi Charat anime, but I'd certainly welcome it.
Triltaison

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 1:31 pm Reply with quote
I will be rather thrilled if this turns out to be a new anime. I really do love this franchise. Still pop in the original series every now and then, and shared it with my niece and nephew who both cracked up at Dejiko's weird adventures. "Party Night" has been a staple of my anisong playlists for decades at this point and was one of the first Japanese songs I memorized the lyrics to.

*crosses fingers* Pretty please, give us a new show. (And let Henna Ikimono show up at least once.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1