• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sasaki and Miyano Anime Reveals Cast, Staff, 2022 TV Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:56 pm Reply with quote
I haven't gotten around to reading the manga yet but I'm very excited, the staff and cast seem very good. Even if it's being animated at Deen (who IMO aren't even as bad as most people make them out to be these days) I think the character designer will be able to pull out something great (she also did the char designs for the Honeyworks movies which look good, and the animation in those was very poor as well).

Honestly I just can't wait to both read the manga and watch the anime later on. Hopefully more wholesome stories getting adapted will make people less hesitant to give BL a try.
MCAL

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:19 am Reply with quote
BTW, Yen Press changed the way they described the story, because it was inaccurate. It's now this:

"It all started like a typical old-school boys’ love plotline—bad-boy senior meets adorably awkward underclassman, one of them falls in love, and so on and so forth. But although Miyano is a self-proclaimed boys’ love expert, he hasn’t quite realized…he’s in one himself. Which means it’s up to Sasaki to make sure their story has a happily ever after…!"
fencer_x

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:29 am Reply with quote
Y I K E S. y’all used that totally incorrect summary Yen Press put out months ago that’s nothing about what the manga is. Please correct it ASAP! This makes it seem like some creepy abusive series when it’s the most wholesome thing since sliced bread. Please adjust the summary to be correct! I don’t know how Yen Press screwed it up (their translation of the manga is questionable in many points as well, so maybe I DO know how…), but I would hate for people to be turned off if this amazing non-BL boys-falling-in-love series because of a bad summary translation.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Looks cute.
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:01 pm Reply with quote
fencer_x wrote:
I don’t know how Yen Press screwed it up (their translation of the manga is questionable in many points as well, so maybe I DO know how…), but I would hate for people to be turned off if this amazing non-BL boys-falling-in-love series because of a bad summary translation.

You know, I wondered why the first volume of the manga didn't read very well for something rated so highly, and I didn't fully get the appeal by the end, only guessing how it should be in theory. Now I'm annoyed (and happy I read it from my library rather than buying it), and will probably just wait for the anime now.
SHD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:19 pm Reply with quote
blahmoomoo wrote:
You know, I wondered why the first volume of the manga didn't read very well for something rated so highly, and I didn't fully get the appeal by the end, only guessing how it should be in theory. Now I'm annoyed (and happy I read it from my library rather than buying it), and will probably just wait for the anime now.

I don't know, I don't see a huge issue with the summary (it's not accurate insofar as summaries like this are never really accurate at all). I don't think it suggests that the story is abusive or anything. Also, frankly, after two volumes, I'd say if you didn't get the appeal after the first volume I'm not sure you're going to get it later on. At least I didn't. It's a cute and wholesome manga, yes, and if cute and wholesome BL is your cup of tea then I guess you're going to like it. I didn't think it was anything particularly exciting or unique.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1