• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shonen Jump Magazine Launches 2 New Manga in June, July

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Just read the Red Hood one shot right now, I really loved it. Can't wait to see where the serialization will go!
Dian Z

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:07 am Reply with quote
Wait, so that Neru one actually has been serialized since September 2020? Has this ever happened before with WSJ? I knew that they pick up a new serialization from a potential one shot, but to serialize an already serialized title in its printed line ups, not sure I've ever heard of such case before.
Qyn#925618

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:01 am Reply with quote
Dian Z wrote:
Wait, so that Neru one actually has been serialized since September 2020? Has this ever happened before with WSJ? I knew that they pick up a new serialization from a potential one shot, but to serialize an already serialized title in its printed line ups, not sure I've ever heard of such case before.

It was a short series in digital wsj which is fairly new. Just 4 chapters. I wouldn't say it's particularly new because jujutsu kaisen also had 4 chapters mini series (which will be a movie) and a year later they serialized him.
kgw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:06 am Reply with quote
Well, it was a "limited digital" edition (4 chapters). While it is usual start from one-shot, it's not that strange starting as a "limited series". Jujutsu Kaisen is another example, even Akutami changed the main character of the story, it was settled in the same world. Probably they'll keep the first chapters as they were, adapting it to an "open" serialization.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1