• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Golden Kamuy Manga Enters Final Arc on July 29

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donkey-er

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:40 am Reply with quote
What is the difference between the final arc and the climax?
Animechic420

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:59 am Reply with quote
Donkey-er wrote:

Easy: with The Final arc, it could be volumes before the series ends. And The Climax means the end is nearer.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:17 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if the anime will come back to conclude the full story...
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:54 pm Reply with quote
After four seasons already released it's hard to imagine that it won't be completed. Still the anime industry can never be trusted in situations like this. And Shuiesha may prefer that the ending not be animated to drive manga sales.
Badcrazy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Donkey-er wrote:

The climax would be the end of the arc not the whole arc itself. As the arc itself could go on for years and you wouldn't call the whole thing a climax.
Dayraven

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The climax would be the end of the arc not the whole arc itself. As the arc itself could go on for years and you wouldn't call the whole thing a climax.

That’s what I’d expect too, but the article refers to the climax starting before the final arc.

Possibly these are simply two words for the same thing taken from two different announcements?
Mamono Hunter Yo Bro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:19 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
I wonder if the anime will come back to conclude the full story...

I'd even settle for a film or OVAs to get more of the story.
bagman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Dayraven wrote:
Quote:

That’s what I’d expect too, but the article refers to the climax starting before the final arc.

Possibly these are simply two words for the same thing taken from two different announcements?

The article is wrong, climax in manga terms pretty much always means the final developments before the end
Donkey-er

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:29 am Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:
Donkey-er wrote:

Easy: with The Final arc, it could be volumes before the series ends. And The Climax means the end is nearer.

Yeah like others have said, my point is the climax started in May and the final arc only just started, that makes no sense to me. It just feels like they're desperately trying to hype up the series for the finale. Or has the finale not started yet? /s (guess I have to use the sarcasm tag since it got misinterpreted the first time)
SHD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:44 am Reply with quote
Donkey-er wrote:
Animechic420 wrote:
Donkey-er wrote:

Yeah like others have said, my point is the climax started in May and the final arc only just started, that makes no sense to me. It just feels like they're desperately trying to hype up the series for the finale. Or has the finale not started yet? /s (guess I have to use the sarcasm tag since it got misinterpreted the first time)

Or maybe you're thinking too deeply about this? These articles are translations, and it's up to the translator how they interpret and translate whatever expression the original Japanese uses. The original YanJan tweet announcing the "climax" is unavailable so I can't comment on it, but this particular announcement just says "最終章" (saishuushou) which has been translated as "final arc" by ANN but considering the context it probably should have been "final stage", "finale" - the Comic Natalie article listed as source has promo artwork for the latest chapter and its title that is literally "chapter 285: The last battle". (For that matter, there's also a note from the mangaka who uses "climax" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

tl;dr: THE MANGA IS ABOUT TO END.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1