• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Video Game Rankings, August 30-September 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Nothing outstanding this week, Switch’s evergreens keep dominating the charts, Tsukihime on PS4 is still on the top 10 but the Switch version has disappeared due to being understocked, probably because of the difficulty of producing higher capacity game cards as opposed to discs.
In other news, the PS5 has managed to sell over a million units in Japan, it took less time compared to the PS4 but it still behind the rest of the PS family and other consoles like the WiiU. Interestly, the best-selling game for the PS5 in Japan is RE Village at 67k copies, and that’s not a good attach rate compared to other consoles, I think when the Switch reached a million units in Japan games like BOTW were at 500k. The theory most people agree on is that people are just buying the console to resell them to other countries, if that’s true it's difficult to acertain how many PS5 users are in Japan.
Next week will truly be interesting, with the release of Tales of Arise, I do not expect to sell a lot of copies on PS5 but the PS4 version will probably sell over 100k copies, internationally the game seems to be doing great.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1