• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: hololive Performer Makes Weekly Playboy's List of Next Gen Beautiful Women

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, Nene is wife material. Whoever she marries one day will be a lucky individual.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Oh, it's Japan's Playboy. I thought it was America's.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Unexpected, but congratulations!
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:23 pm Reply with quote
ChrissyC wrote:
Honestly, Nene is wife material. Whoever she marries one day will be a lucky individual.

But she's already married. She has MULTIPLE husbands.
gridsleep

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Great. More impossible beauty standards for girls. It's not even real. It's a piece of fiction. Artwork.
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:58 pm Reply with quote
As one of Nene's husbands, I agree. She is beautiful.
Saeglopur25

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Nene's profile in the article is her original outdated one; it got an update when she received her redesign. The new one from her official profile page is:
Quote:
A girl who came from another world to chase after her idol dream. She likes singing, dancing, and drawing. She trains hard every day in order to win the hearts of even more people.
Fugaz-Star

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:10 pm Reply with quote
I think I may be getting old, but I just can't find the appeal in vtubers and the like. I got into Kizuna Ai when it was starting and Pinky Pop Hepburn but I quickly got bored of them. It's like watching video game streamers, what's the point of watching another person play games all day? Rolling Eyes Well, I guess I'm just getting too old
Rednal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Fugaz-Star wrote:
I think I may be getting old, but I just can't find the appeal in vtubers and the like. I got into Kizuna Ai when it was starting and Pinky Pop Hepburn but I quickly got bored of them. It's like watching video game streamers, what's the point of watching another person play games all day? Rolling Eyes Well, I guess I'm just getting too old

I think it's more accurate if you think of Vtubers as "Variety Entertainment". Yes, they play games, but you might also see karaoke streams for singing, live cooking, drawing, quizzes, talk shows, live commentary on movies, or just chatting with people. Games themselves are usually a bit secondary to the conversation, the personality, and the overall community. Generally, if there's something you like seeing, there's probably a Vtuber doing it.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Fugaz-Star wrote:

I get watching people stream games, at least in moderation, but I will never ever understand the appeal of having some crappy animation of a little virtual waifu shoved in the corner while someone's playing a game. Honestly it creeps me the hell out.
FunkyDude88

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
I get watching people stream games, at least in moderation, but I will never ever understand the appeal of having some crappy animation of a little virtual waifu shoved in the corner while someone's playing a game. Honestly it creeps me the hell out.

Vtubers are basically interactive anime girls, what's not to love? I'd rather watch a cute anime girl than some dudebro Razz
JoelBurger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:

You say, on a site about anime. Hopefully the irony is not lost.
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:07 am Reply with quote
Fugaz-Star wrote:

You could literally attribute this to people who watch sports. Why watch someone play a game when you can go out and play it yourself? It just entertainment dude.
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:09 am Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
Fugaz-Star wrote:

"Honestly it creeps me the hell out"

How sensitive are you?
Electric Wooloo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:57 am Reply with quote
The slew of idol culture (By which I mean both fans going waaaaay to far and the exploitative management practices) around vtubers combined with the parasocial interaction only being enhanced with specially crafted models and backstories is what has driven me away and will almost certainly keep me away from vtubers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2