• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: How Do You Live? Novel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SenpaiDuckie
ANN Community Manager

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Hayao Miyazaki+children's book+Foreword of Neil Gaiman = TREASURE

Thank you ANN for this! You just made my night.
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:43 pm Reply with quote
I didn't know this was published in English. What a nice surprise! Thank you for covering. Still got the Japanese version (and the manga adaption) here, but haven't really touched them yet.

Quote:
and his upcoming (as of this writing) film is an adaptation of Genzaburō Yoshino's 1937 children's classic

I don't think that's quite true. We don't know much about the movie yet, but although it is titled after the book, it doesn't seem to be an adaption. Instead the novel seems to be very important for the main character of the book, maybe comparable to how Night on the Galactic Railroad is important for the characters in Giovanni's Island. Suzuki also called the movie a "fantasy adventure" in the beginning, though I'm also not sure this is accurate.

Last edited by Blackiris_ on Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Huh, I didn't know this was a thing. I think I'll buy it once I get my paycheck this week!

Also, why does this book have two different covers? The one shown on here is different from the one on retailers like Amazon. Or is the green cover for an upcoming paperback version that got leaked?
SenpaiDuckie
ANN Community Manager

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:05 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Huh, I didn't know this was a thing. I think I'll buy it once I get my paycheck this week!

Also, why does this book have two different covers? The one shown on here is different from the one on retailers like Amazon. Or is the green cover for an upcoming paperback version that got leaked?

Lol, I did start checking. There are two :/ But I did see that they both have similar ISBN and both should be a hardcover. I checked in Book Depository and Amazon JP Global.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1